LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GRAVANA ADDS K&N GTO AIR INTAKE TO LINE UP!

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS!

K&N's AirCharger® Off-Road & Racing Performance Kits are similar to FIPK’s except they are NOT LEGAL FOR SALE OR USE ON POLLUTION CONTROLLED VEHICLES in some states and they come with K&N’s Off-Road/Racing Limited Warranty. K&N intake systems replace your vehicle's restrictive factory air filter and air intake housing. K&N intakes are designed to dramatically reduce intake restriction as they smooth and straighten air flow. This allows your vehicle's engine to inhale a larger volume of air than the OEM air filter assembly. More air means more usable power and acceleration throughout the engine's RPM range. The filters on these kits are washable and reusable. Most of our intake kits are relatively easy to install using tools commonly available.

K&N has not yet published performance gains.

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
How much for the whole shebang? (ooops, my lazy finger clicked the link and learned the final price...my bad)

Is it possible to just buy the heat shield looking thingy at the end?

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Need to see it installed. Does anyone have pic's of this installed?

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
hmms looks good but looks 3" too?! am i wrong ? it doesnt look like a 4" pipe to me

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dark said:
hmms looks good but looks 3" too?! am i wrong ? it doesnt look like a 4" pipe to me
I don't have the pipe diameter specs. I will measure it when the first kits arrive. However, 3" is perfect for the intake tube. As you increase the pipe diameter on some systems, you lose velocity. I am itching to see dyno results on this anyway.

·
04 Impulse blue/blue M6 GOAT
368 Posts
Hey Gravana Jim, does that heat shield lookin thing Seal off a little section when the hood is closed? i dont know if anyone is familiar with the new cobras but they have a kit and when the hood closed its secluded only gets cold air, i was wondering if that is the same? i would love to see some pics of that installed if i could thanks.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
someone posted this a few weeks ago. i cant find the thread though. if i remember correctly the kits are supposed to shipping for like another month. and they were gonna cost like $250 or something. this was from summit or something, but im sure that gravana jims pricing will be about the same. but still, $250 seem like a lot to pay for a little piece of plastic. i mean, the MPD setup is $300 and it is a full enclosure.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2loco said:
Hey Gravana Jim, does that heat shield lookin thing Seal off a little section when the hood is closed? i dont know if anyone is familiar with the new cobras but they have a kit and when the hood closed its secluded only gets cold air, i was wondering if that is the same? i would love to see some pics of that installed if i could thanks.
As soon as I get my first kit, I will check it out. K&N Install info link showing the kit is below.

Intake Install

Regarding the Cobra, Ford engineered the car to be able to keep some of teh engine heat away from teh intake draw. We are stuck with what GM has provided, unless you want to start cutting away... :banghead:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GTOdriver7 said:
someone posted this a few weeks ago. i cant find the thread though. if i remember correctly the kits are supposed to shipping for like another month. and they were gonna cost like $250 or something. this was from summit or something, but im sure that gravana jims pricing will be about the same. but still, $250 seem like a lot to pay for a little piece of plastic. i mean, the MPD setup is $300 and it is a full enclosure.

Sorry, I didn't see anything in New Products. Otherwise, I would have posted somewhere else. I hope I didn't offend any other companies. I just received a call today from K&N stating that they had kits in stock and ready to ship, so I ordered some.

Jim

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Gravana Jim said:
Sorry, I didn't see anything in New Products. Otherwise, I would have posted somewhere else. I hope I didn't offend any other companies. I just received a call today from K&N stating that they had kits in stock and ready to ship, so I ordered some.

Jim
oh no no. you are fine. i wasn't implying that you shouldn't have posted. i was just saying that info about this intake had already been posted before. thats all i was saying.
i wasn't ripping on you in any way. i think you have a great operation. i was just questioning the "worthiness" of this product for the price.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GTOdriver7 said:
oh no no. you are fine. i wasn't implying that you shouldn't have posted. i was just saying that info about this intake had already been posted before. thats all i was saying.
i wasn't ripping on you in any way. i think you have a great operation. i was just questioning the "worthiness" of this product for the price.
Thanks for the clarification. I try to research those things before I post to make sure I am not "Bogarting" anyone else. Thank you for the support!

Jim

·
Bull in Goats Clothing
49 Posts
The install went very simply. I purchased it from Ramchargers at a warehouse sale and the price was only $200. Could not pass it up and the results were simply amazing.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
I think someone needs to make an animated GIF of the word "thread" popping out of the ground in front of a gravestone for occasions such as this one :)

·
I'd rather be scuba diving.
1,842 Posts
undefinedundefinedundefined
Gravana Jim said:
GRAVANA ADDS K&N GTO AIR INTAKE TO LINE UP!

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS!

K&N's AirCharger® Off-Road & Racing Performance Kits are similar to FIPK’s except they are NOT LEGAL FOR SALE OR USE ON POLLUTION CONTROLLED VEHICLES in some states and they come with K&N’s Off-Road/Racing Limited Warranty. K&N intake systems replace your vehicle's restrictive factory air filter and air intake housing. K&N intakes are designed to dramatically reduce intake restriction as they smooth and straighten air flow. This allows your vehicle's engine to inhale a larger volume of air than the OEM air filter assembly. More air means more usable power and acceleration throughout the engine's RPM range. The filters on these kits are washable and reusable. Most of our intake kits are relatively easy to install using tools commonly available.

K&N has not yet published performance gains.

·
I'd rather be scuba diving.
1,842 Posts
Hey GravanaJim,
What doyou know about the Gravana air charger? I havenot seen one installed, or a dyno. I like the stainless tube though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Here is a video of the intake on my car. Sounds good.

Video

1 - 17 of 17 Posts