LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my GTO has 1300 miles on it now and I am doing oil change today (off on Columbus Day). When I had my LS1 Trans AM, I used to use K&N Hp 2006 oil filter. It is the long oil filter. I wonder if I can still use same oil filter on LS2. Does LS2 share same oil filter as LS1?

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
66 Posts
I used to use the same filter on my Trans am as well. But unfortunatly, you can't use that longer one on the GTO. THe skid plate sits right under the filter and you have to use he original sized one..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trans Am said:
I used to use the same filter on my Trans am as well. But unfortunatly, you can't use that longer one on the GTO. THe skid plate sits right under the filter and you have to use he original sized one..
Another reason for me to go with SLP one or take off the skid plate all together as dead weight. How lame

·
Clowface 2016
318 Posts
:bunny: Just go to the auto store and look in their little book of filters, and get the one they list. They cost about 5 bucks, and theyre so cute cuz theyre so small! :bunny:

·
GTO no more baaah!
1,150 Posts
mousetom78 said:
Another reason for me to go with SLP one or take off the skid plate all together as dead weight. How lame
Taking off the skid plate altogether is really NOT a good idea. It is not a cosmetic piece, it protects our soft underbelly (aluminum oil pan).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts