LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
31 Posts
Those are storm chaser and weather observer pictures taken over several years and are not associated with Hurricane Katrina. Although wind shear and convection may spawn tornadic vortices within the bands and eyewall of a hurricane, the pictures depict thunderstorm structures commonly associated with "tornado alley" supercell systems.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Those are storm chaser and weather observer pictures taken over several years and are not associated with Hurricane Katrina. Although wind shear and convection may spawn tornadic vortices within the bands and eyewall of a hurricane, the pictures depict thunderstorm structures commonly associated with "tornado alley" supercell systems.
yeh ....what he said

they are awesome pics !!!!

·
Lotsa Needs Not Enough Cash
507 Posts
Yeah, but I would rather go through a tornado in tornado alley, rather than go through a hurricane which would have MULTIPLE tornadoes.... Just everything that a tornado has only on a bigger scale.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
PLT091 said:
Yep. Not Hurricane Katrina, and not Alabama either.

Padre

·
'Nova GIRL
671 Posts
PLT091 said:
You beat me to it. :) Those are texbook midwestern/plains supercells. Very cool, but entirely unrelated to any hurricane.

·
I love my Goat!
5,963 Posts

·
Goatless
745 Posts

·
'Nova GIRL
671 Posts
That's some cool stuff from the photographer...hard core storm chaser. Can't wait till next season, though I'm sure my pictures will be not nearly as good as those.

·
Goatless
745 Posts

·
Losing Posts By The Day...
1,192 Posts
Those pics are stunning, I also, as well dont think they were assoicated with the hurricane. The clouds are not high enough and typically you never see hurricane tornadoes form due to heavy rain and low overcast skys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts