LS1GTO.com Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
large member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick note that I hope after our cars start coming in (I still have no TPW!!) we keep this site active so we can assist each other with tech things. As an example, the first thing I want to know is how exactly to disable those damn daytime running lights. Hopefully one of the early to get group will write that fix up on the site.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Absolutely!!! I have been over to the LS1Tech site and they are more likely to bash the new GTO then to help. That leaves us with this as the best site for our needs!!!

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
No, when they start hitting the streets and people whith their Godly F-Body's start getting raped by them, they'll accept the owners who ask tech questions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree with Jim, I dont necessarily know anyone here or have been around that long but ill deffinetly come back with my newbie questions. And trust me there will be a lot of them being how i dont know jack about engines (but i am doing my best to learn :p)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
vtav said:
I agree with Jim, I dont necessarily know anyone here or have been around that long but ill deffinetly come back with my newbie questions. And trust me there will be a lot of them being how i dont know jack about engines (but i am doing my best to learn :p)
Alright, someone else that knows as much as me!!
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Another nice site is http://www.clubgto.com , it is the sister site to club GP which I have been a member since 1998. NIce bunch of guys. I hope this one survives as well because you can not have enough information and places to post vital information about events and mods.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What is with the bashing of LS1TECH I see on this site? We fully support the GTO, and anything else LS1 powered. In fact, I had a GTO specfic forum created on our site before this site was even created. When these things hit the streets, you can count on us providing full coverage of their racing development. We already know the engines inside and out.

I'm just trying to understand the negative crap you guys keep saying about f-body owners and LS1TECH.com, before you even own your GTO.

Tony

·
Admin
9,705 Posts
I could answer this just like I did the other thread. I still don't see any bashing of your site. What Tails says is true.... if you post there you do not get helpful criticism (I am not referring to a thread that went to far, but every GTO thread)

If you feel that you have to defend your site you can email me personally. By no means is there un-moderated bashing of your site going one here. Just the cold hard facts that the GTO is not recognized on the big LS1 board(s) as a real performance car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We have guys modifying their full size trucks with LS1 based engines. Some of them are running 11s right now. If those can have a following, anything LS1 powered can. I personally know a guy building a 500 rwhp Hummer 2. We only care about the engines on LS1TECH, and anything with an LS1 will get coverage.

You have to keep in mind that these cars do not readily "exist" for the public yet. So, it all seems like alot of hype until actual results are shown by multiple members. Hard to get really motivated unless you have a GTO on order. Everyone is eagerly waiting on results.

I know of one sponsor that has a 455ci LS1 sitting on an engine stand, waiting for his first GTO to arrive. :D

Tony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.