LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Gto
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started car all winter no issues now key fob does not work. Unlocked with key - tried to start car and nothing. It’s like the car is locked down - I disconnected the fully charged battery and tried the reprogramming 10/10/10 waited for horn to sound but nothing. Opened the old key fob and changed battery/pain/ tried again -same nothing any ideas

·
Premium Member
2006 GTO IBM 6 Speed
489 Posts
What does the security light do? The VATS section of the key is powered by the car, not the battery in the fob.

·
Premium Member
2006 GTO IBM 6 Speed
489 Posts
If the VATS was not reading your key it would crank but not fire or fire but die since it kills the fuel pump.

I'd have the battery tested or CAREFULLY jumping the starter solenoid. Check fuses and relays as well.

·
Registered
2006 Gto
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the VATS was not reading your key it would crank but not fire or fire but die since it kills the fuel pump.

I'd have the battery tested or CAREFULLY jumping the starter solenoid. Check fuses and relays as well.
Ok thank you I will check it all out thanks for the guidance

·
'05 PBM M6/K3 GSX-R1000
254 Posts
Started car all winter no issues now key fob does not work. Unlocked with key - tried to start car and nothing. It’s like the car is locked down - I disconnected the fully charged battery and tried the reprogramming 10/10/10 waited for horn to sound but nothing. Opened the old key fob and changed battery/pain/ tried again -same nothing any ideas
So did the car allow the FOB to be programmed/re-programmed with the 10/10/10 method or when you say "nothing" do you mean the car didn't honk at all as if it's not recognizing that an FOB programming attempt is being made?

If it's the latter, even though you went through the massive pain(I tried and gave up with my old FOB) of replacing the battery in the old FOB, the chip board itself might have finally given up the ghost as it happened to me just a month ago. TL-DR bought a new Holden FOB from Juniorss on this forum and programmed it with the 10/10/10 and good as new.

Complete NEW OEM 2004 2005 2006 Pontiac GTO Key Fob Remote (Monaro logo)/ Key | eBay

That's the link I used off of eBay for him but it looks like he's sold through that batch of keys he had. Maybe message him on here directly and see if he has any available if the FOB replacement ends up being the solution to your issue.

EDIT #1

Here's a link for Junior's other eBay posting I just found for just the FOB without the blank spare key and without the two screws.

Best of luck mang.

·
Registered
2006 Gto
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What does the security light do? The VATS section of the key is powered by the car, not the battery in the fob.
So did the car allow the FOB to be programmed/re-programmed with the 10/10/10 method or when you say "nothing" do you mean the car didn't honk at all as if it's not recognizing that an FOB programming attempt is being made?

If it's the latter, even though you went through the massive pain(I tried and gave up with my old FOB) of replacing the battery in the old FOB, the chip board itself might have finally given up the ghost as it happened to me just a month ago. TL-DR bought a new Holden FOB from Juniorss on this forum and programmed it with the 10/10/10 and good as new.

Complete NEW OEM 2004 2005 2006 Pontiac GTO Key Fob is Remote (Monaro logo)/ Key | eBay

That's the link I used off of eBay for him but it looks like he's sold through that batch of keys he had. Maybe message him on here directly and see if he has any available if the FOB replacement ends up being the solution to your issue.

EDIT #1

[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

Here's a link for Junior's other eBay posting I just found for just the FOB without the blank spare key and without the two screws.

Best of luck mang.

·
Registered
2006 Gto
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Complete NEW OEM 2004 2005 2006 Pontiac GTO Key Fob Remote (Monaro logo)/ Key | eBay

EDIT #1

Best of luck mang.

·
Registered
2006 Gto
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The car hasn’t moved since October just starting over the winter/ key fob non functional and now I’m getting fuel gauge error contact dealer today. It was reading 3/4 tank yesterday now empty - guess it’s not the key fob

·
'05 PBM M6/K3 GSX-R1000
254 Posts
The car hasn’t moved since October just starting over the winter/ key fob non functional and now I’m getting fuel gauge error contact dealer today. It was reading 3/4 tank yesterday now empty - guess it’s not the key fob
Purchased car in 2018 I checked then it was all good but I’m gonna open it back up
Shit man, I had similar gauge errors and bizarre behavior when my ECU fried about 8 or so years ago during a super heavy downpour here in SoCal. It must have gotten wet somehow and that afternoon when I tried starting the car, the gauge cluster went ape shit and threw all kinds of errors and different ones each turn of the key to the on position. After getting it towed to the dealer, it ended up being the ECU and had to get a replacement in.

Have you had any super inclement weather recently or even wild temperature swings? The cars' electronics seem quite sensitive and about a year ago when my car was outside of my home garage for a 48 hour period and the ambient temperature fell to about 10 degrees, that next day I tried to start the car and it struggled to start and then started and died promptly. After re-powering it on, the air bag fault came on and has been on every ignition cycle ever since. :(

·
Registered
2006 Gto
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
2006 Gto
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok I pulled the glove box out to check wires again I go to take bcm out and water came out of it - floor was dry. I looked all over above and there is no wetness anybody had this issue

1 - 20 of 20 Posts