LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
This stereo pic is old
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of getting my car's stereo upgraded (again.. :drink: ) and the plans call for putting my Zapco dome midranges in the kickpanels. When we pulled off the driver's side kickpanel we noted that there are some rather important-looking boxes mounted there, which made us modify our plans slightly due to a newly found lack of space.

While working on plans to build the stock kickpanel out slightly to accommodate the speakers, the installer had a question that I couldn't answer. Would the presence of a rather powerful magnet in close proximity to the boxes in question cause any harm?

·
Part of the Raider Nation
261 Posts
Not really an answer to your question, but I remember I was picking up a bunch a noise when I put a system into my last car. Come to find out that the rca was to close to the ecm and was injecting noise into the system. Moved the rca and noise disappeared. If you are just putting domes in the kicks, couldn't you just shield them? Assuming that they are chambered of course.

·
Suffering Fools
15,347 Posts
Magnets only affect magnetic media (like hard drives and floppy disks) and CRT video displays. There won't be any issue having them that close to the ECM as it is all solid state.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts