LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Pontiac GTO A4
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Walked a 1998 Toyota Supra turbo. Went from a stop (won by a car) to the 40 MPH roll next race (won by half a car). Afterwards he followed me to talk mods at the next exit. It was a single turbo converted 2JZ with about 450 HP, he said. He thought I had more mods. The Yank 3600 SS (2.2 STR) & 4.11s really woke her up. Best mods yet in my DD!

·
GR-RRR!
8,077 Posts
He probably doesn't have as much HP as he thinks he does, or he doesn't know how to drive or the races were short or a combination of those. Those gears and stall are definitely an advantage though. I'm thinking his turbo is as big as your head and with your gears you shoot ahead while he is still spooling and he doesn't have time or distance to catch up once the turbo is at full boil. You have a better combo for the job at hand it would seem even if you are giving up a HP and weight disadvantage.

Good job.

·
Registered
2004 Pontiac GTO A4
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Rich-Tripower

Hi. Thanks. He had it really riced out (high spoiler, aero kit, carbon everything, etc. etc) It sounded good for such a little 6 & his motor looked like it lept out of an old Super Street magazine page. It looked like Daddy basically gave him a credit card at 21.. Must be nice 😂

Honestly I thought the same thing as you. The BOV was loud, but as far as power he told me after he just likes this JDM style. The car was definitely clean, though. Thanks for reading man. It's cool to meet you.

·
Chickun maka lousy houspet
697 Posts
I'd imagine those gears and stall did more than "wake" the car up. It would be more like, it was shaking the hell out of the bed, banging on pots and pans!!! I'll bet you have larger / stickier tires out back-especially if you were able to get the power down and funnel it to the ground effectively. Were you spinning at all???
What sort of tires are you running out back?
How wide?
How sticky?

HP to HP, you're pretty close. 50 horses either way doesn't mean much. He might have had a slight advantage there, unless your car has more mods than what's listed in your sig..

For a daily, I feel you did pretty good. With the price of gas, I'd think it might be advantageous of you, to get a different diff. with better gearing (to get some extreeee . m.p.geee's)!

Reactions: HelLSx

·
Registered
2004 Pontiac GTO A4
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
@-Op- Thanks! Yeah alot of people really think I've got a lot more into it than I really do

@Doc-Z 17"x9.5" 245/45z front. 275/40 Hoosier DOT slicks out back. Lol I may switch to 3.9s, actually. How are your G-Force axles for preventing the dreaded hop? It's killing me. I've got the complete Pedders performance suspension with every urethane bushing, the shocks & struts with Lovell's Springs. Front & rear adjustable sway bars. I smile all the way to the gas station (frequently 😂). The gears

I might actually have my converter restalled if I track her again. I could have easily gone higher. Gears & driveshaft make it feel tight. The 3600 is an animal at WOT with good (part throttle) street manners. If I ever did another Id go higher). I may not win a Dyno competition but she's fun to as hell to drive & cruise. I love stuffing fly bys (you shall not pass 😆)

Our cars (especially us '04s) don't look nearly as powerful as they can actually be. We are rarer to see, also. The "Australian Corvette" makes the perfect sleeper. My mod path really works for my driving style. I switched up my mods to a newly refurbished LS6 shortblock (I stole from a buddy for $650) then bolted my heads, etc back on after changing all the gaskets, etc. I will add that to my sig. I'm going to Dyno next month so I'll keep y'all posted. Appreciate the interest! It was fun.

Next I'm going to race my buddie's 2011 302 Mustang Coyote 5.0. It's a stock M6 with clutch upgrade. We figure we are pretty even in power. It takes him four cams to do what the LS did with one back in the C5 Z06 decades ago. Anyway I took off the skid plate, tow hitch, gas tank brace, spare, trunk lining, tools, etc. I don't have a scale but maybe 100 lbs total.

We will YouTube it so wish me luck. Someone said that my car has good parts but that it may just be a "freak". I don't believe in that with modern SAE & other regulations, but this isn't the first Coyote I've ACME'd 🔥

1 - 6 of 6 Posts