LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was hanging out in a local hot spot. Sitting in the Goat arguing with the X, when I hear the distinct rumble of a Mustang...3 nice 5.0 style Stangs roll in. They are taking pics and there was also a TBSS who was looking over at the GTO! Nice cool night perfect for the GTO IAT!

One of the Stangs(hatchback) had a huge cowl hood. 2 were hatch backs and one notch all 80's-mids 90's bodies. Anyway. Still fighting on the cell with miss B!tch. I hear the cowl hooded stang start up(so did the dead). Big cam. He pulls out and does a mean burn out and takes off. The other 2 wait a light and pull out. I told the X I got to go..enough was enough and these were some serious players!

So I hear the Notch and other hatchback taking off, I quickly pull out and had to go 120mph just to get within striking distance. I finally caught up to the notch and do a 3rd gear blow by but he didn't bite. His car was pretty damn loud with skinnies up front and I also saw fuel lines and a pump from the rear. I laughed at the light and he gave the thumbs up. He turned off and that was it. IMO he would have beat a stock LS2.

After about 5mins of cruising I can hear the Stang exhuast note..sure enough I had caught up to the other hatch back. I pull up to him and I knew the guy from way back. He actually lost to my ImpalaSS. Back then he had full exhuast and bolt on stuff but now I hear a cam. He tells me the motor is a new 306cube cratemotor with GT40 heads and full exhuast with 3.73 gears. We agree to go for a run. From a 15mph roll I put 1/2 car on him and shifted to 2nd with 3/4-1 car lead but he had to let off cause of traffic. I believe I would have pulled some more if it went to 3rd. Race ended with me about 1 car out at 60mph. Definately a fun and exciting run against a nice 5 OH!!

·
The Situation
3,358 Posts
04 or 05 GTO?? I know these 5.0's are a dime a dozen, but the only problem is that you never know what you are going to run into. Some are slow as shit and others are fast, its really hard to tell!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure why my sig didn't come up?? 05 M6

·
that thing got a 5.0 in it?
339 Posts
Nice kill. I just sold my 04' cobra and now picked up a 93' LX H/B...almost described it to a T when you were talking about the first notch...306/3.73's/etc. Can't wait to run something when it's legal and on the street.:gears: Previous owner drove it to a 12.5 @ 111 before the TF intake/heads and MSD stuff.:patriot:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Awesome kill! It's definitely a crap shoot running 5.0 stangs. Some are SO SLOW and some are freakin insanely fast!

Dr. Wu 2000 , that's a real nice LX you got there! It's always nice to see a real clean one since so many are run down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.