LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must say this car looks bad! I like it better than the GT3. From the back it looks like a white crossfire especially since the wing was up and you can't really see the Cayman S name. Actually at first I thought it may had been the new SRT-6. It was pulling hard.

So he slows a bit and I get on his side. Than I realize it was NOT a Crossfire. It looked faster than it turned out. He jumped on me and put a car on me. By 1st gear I was even, shifted 2nd and was pulling a bit. Took it to 80mph and was about 1.5cars ahead. Guy pulled up to me and was quickly on the cell phone. Guess he didn't want to talk or maybe he was calling the dealership to see what wrong with his Porsche!! Still a beautiful car!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-Cayman-S-Condition-Guarantee-By-Seller-Free-CARFAX_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ133217QQihZ018QQitemZ280024917393QQrdZ1

·
Unregistered User (dont tell)
640 Posts
Good kill. I was surprised to see that car weighs 3682 and has 295hp, but still runs 4.8 to 60 and 13.22 in the 1/4 @110 as found on the specs from MSN autos. Are those real numbers or just manufacture claims?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Magazine Racing with those 0-60..1/4 mile numbers..Goat should walk it on the topend from my experience.

;)

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Very nice

For the past month or so I've been trying to get a Cayman S to race me on my way to work, but he won't take the bait.

·
"There's no good sharks?"
1,294 Posts
LRAR05GTO said:
Good kill. I was surprised to see that car weighs 3682 and has 295hp, but still runs 4.8 to 60 and 13.22 in the 1/4 @110 as found on the specs from MSN autos. Are those real numbers or just manufacture claims?

that weight is incorrect, the car weighs 2954 lbs curb. maybe your looking at gross weight which is th fully allowable weight when loaded.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well if it's doing a 13.22 at 110mph it may have some strong topend. I got out of it at 80mph because it seemed that he gave up. I did not know that it was that fast(according to the mags). It was equal to the M3's I have ran...by no means slow.

How the hell does it run that fast with a 3.4L 295hp is beyond me, especially at that weight.

EDIT. just saw the last post..2900lbs makes more sense.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Road and Track has 13.4 @ 105 mph for the Cayman S
Road and Track has 13.5 @ 107 mph for the 05 GTO.

Road and track tends to be a little conservative.

Motortrend ran 13.3 @ 105 mph in the Cayman S.

So I don't know where the 110mph trap speed came from.

·
Purple squirrels!
1,813 Posts
GTO should have no trouble with a Cayman...Never was meant to be fast in a straight line.

·
So it goes.
6,899 Posts
Nice kill. I heart killing bmws and porches

·
Registered
582 Posts
Beach Goat said:
Nice kill. I heart killing bmws and porches
+1 --two of the most arrogantly-classed vehicles seen with frequency.

Cayman S is a neat car, however. i looked at them when shopping. but GTO won. despite being a cool car, the Cayman is very overrated. it drives nice but is not as fun as the GTO. lacks any magic for me.

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
This is an old but nice kill. I don't know how I missed it.

·
Registered
706 Posts
8ball said:
Damn, never realized how cheap the Cayman's interior was! Nice kill!!

Yeah! Who wants all that real leather all over everything in there! :drink:

Nice kill.

I saw a guy out at Moroso with one a while back. He was running [email protected] with it. It was a bad night and the car was brand new, so I'd say the magazine times in the mid 13s are pretty good.

That same night I was running [email protected] Stock GTO should take one, but if the driver is on his game it could be interesting. They're supposed to be hell on wheels on the road course though.

I'm still amazed at how much better it looks then a Boxter. I hated those, but the Caymen looks great IMO.

·
The Situation
3,358 Posts
8ball said:
Damn, never realized how cheap the Cayman's interior was! Nice kill!!

I was thinking the same thing, especially the center with all of switches and near the radio. I know GM is king of the plastic interior, but that is pretty sad from a Porsche. Anyways good kill! :gears:

·
BlubBlubBlubBlubBlub
325 Posts
3600 lbs... damn!

The GTO is close to that and they have much less HP. Surprising he actually kept with you... but that is the magic of Porsche.

OUT

·
Hammer of Justice
722 Posts
im confused by the trunk picture

where the heck is this in the car

it looks like its vertical height is about 3 or 4 feet?

·
Registered
582 Posts
look, the Cayman is a nice car, there is no doubt about that. but if you're a GTO kind of person, the Cayman will not cut it for you unless you want to have it as a spare fun car to drive for that Porsche logo satisfaction (if that is your gig). it has only 2 seats, is more pricey than the GTO, and it's really not as fast as Porsche could have made it in stock form. it's a neat car, indeed, but is more appealing to the roadster crowd.

were it me, i'd save my clams up for a 997, or an older 996 or even the last of the air-cooled 993s. generally, i wouldn't bother with this car unless you really really badly wanted a cheap new Porsche. and obviously lots of people do. so to each their own. to me, the GTO is cooler in nearly every department, even the looks, despite what others will say.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts