LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First let me say the CTS is a sweet ride. A guy I work with came up to me today and says he just got a "pep" (read: slightly used) CTS V and he heard I had a GTO and he wanted to run them. We went out to an abandoned parking lot approx 1/8 mile of wide open flat pavement in the middle of nothing and let 'em have it. To cut to the chase, I won every race. The problem is I was driving his car for 2 of the 6 runs. He was having a helluva time with the wheel hop from both cars and he decided to run his car with the tc on. He was doing a little better by the end but I still had him by at least a car length except the very last race. The last race we switched back to our own cars and like a dumb a$$ I forgot to turn the tc off on my car when I started it up. That race was a photo finish.

A few observations, I definately like the look of my car better. :) I like all the options in his car better but they make the inside of the car seem to techno to me. My car is much more of a driver's car while his is a luxury car doing a damn good impression of a muscle car. The clutch is much stiffer in my car which I don't know if I like or not.

For anyone that doesn't know, my car's only mods are the hood and intake, and the wheels and tires. I think in this case the tires made a huge difference although even at 60 mph he wasn't gaining on me. I think if it was possible for me to drive both cars at the same time it would be a dead even race.

Also, for any cops out there, is it illegal to race in an empty parking lot?

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
cjlannoy said:
Also, for any cops out there, is it illegal to race in an empty parking lot?
In Massachusetts, racing is illegal, whether it is on a public roadway or parking lot. If you act now=$500.00 citation(does not require prior agreement between operators) + speeding citation, and for the first 100 callers possibly an operating to endanger charge thrown in also.

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
Ouch!

TprGTO said:
In Massachusetts, racing is illegal, whether it is on a public roadway or parking lot. If you act now=$500.00 citation(does not require prior agreement between operators) + speeding citation, and for the first 100 callers possibly an operating to endanger charge thrown in also.
I love my Need for Speed computer racing games. LOLOLOL

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
How did the LS6 motor feel in comparison to our LS1 with acceleration and torque?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really couldn't tell the difference from my car as far as the motor felt. The pedals and stick were the main difference, and the cts is so much quieter. Before today I was wondering if I had made a mistake and should have gotten the cts V but now I'm definately glad I have my GTO.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
cjlannoy said:
I really couldn't tell the difference from my car as far as the motor felt. The pedals and stick were the main difference, and the cts is so much quieter. Before today I was wondering if I had made a mistake and should have gotten the cts V but now I'm definately glad I have my GTO.
Ok, thanks for the information.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You guys are too funny. The kill stories in hear are the best.

You put those two cars in hands of good drivers, I will bet the ranch the CTS-v will hand the gto it's As# every time. :slap:

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
DSG03 said:

You put those two cars in hands of good drivers, I will bet the ranch the CTS-v will hand the gto it's As# every time. :slap:

Its always a stang owner doubting a kill story.......anything can happen on the open road without professional drivers.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I doubt a stock CTS V with even a very good driver would hand MY GTO its a$$ every time. It may win and it may hand it its a$$ in the 1/4, but in the 1/8 mile or so that we ran I could feel very little difference. I may not be professional but I am consistent and the same in both.

·
2,432 Posts
cjlannoy said:
I doubt a stock CTS V with even a very good driver would hand MY GTO its a$$ every time. It may win and it may hand it its a$$ in the 1/4, but in the 1/8 mile or so that we ran I could feel very little difference. I may not be professional but I am consistent and the same in both.
I'd agree, most magazines seem to be getting about 5.1sec 0-60 with the CTS-V. If you compare that to the 5.3 listed for the GTO then it's going to be close every time.

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
You'd be toast as well

DSG03 said:

Cadillac CTS-V
0-60 4.6 sec.
1/4 13.1 at 107mph

400hp LS6
395 ft/lbs tq

This car is bad, but it better be for $50000!

·
2,432 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yellow Jacket M6 said:
Cadillac CTS-V
0-60 4.6 sec.
1/4 13.1 at 107mph

400hp LS6
395 ft/lbs tq

This car is bad, but it better be for $50000!
I've talked to a few people with CTS-V's and looked at the caddy boards and nobody (even professionals) have been able to duplicate that 4.6 sec 0-60 time.

·
2,432 Posts
cjlannoy said:
I've talked to a few people with CTS-V's and looked at the caddy boards and nobody (even professionals) have been able to duplicate that 4.6 sec 0-60 time.
If you gave me a big enough hill to drive down I probably could :) My dad and I were out using the G-timer in his Vette and we tried it down a slight hill and picked up 2 tenths. I was suprised, it was a mild, mild slope.

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
Just quoting Cadillac.com

cjlannoy said:
Cadillac's website are showing the numbers, but again it is from their
site, so take it for what's it worth. Still a brute for sure.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yellow Jacket M6 said:
Cadillac's website are showing the numbers, but again it is from their
site, so take it for what's it worth. Still a brute for sure.
no doubt, and I've not said one thing bad about the car, just think it is close.

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
No Doubt

cjlannoy said:
no doubt, and I've not said one thing bad about the car, just think it is close.
Hey, our goats are BADASSES and they will for sure hang with the caddy!
I wouldn't say anything bad either, but I'm glad I have my goat. For the
money, not even close comparison in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts