LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy had stickers all over his back window proclaming how good ford was and he had some VERY loud single exhaust pipes coming out each side. I crept up on him without being noticed and we were going about 35mph, all clear on the road ahead. Once he noticed I had nosed up on him he starts to go....well I nailed it and blew him away. I kept thinking about all that noise he was making and he had sh#t to back it up. We get to the next light and he had to get behind me because of traffic well I was turning right into the shopping plaza and he rev'd his junk up real loud as he passed by, I guess he was trying to "get my goat" and make me follow to go for another run.

:thumbs: The stealthy goat.........hiding a beast inside.

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
Well a T-bird isn't really the best competition for you...if you didn't kill it, something would've been amiss. Highest powered T-bird in the 90s came with about 230 hp and that was the SuperCoupe. I'm guessing the one you ran, due to how loud it was, was most likely a later 90s V8 model with exhaust...those hot rods came stock with 205 hp. So with close to a 150 hp advantage, it would be pretty close to the equivalent of my 317whp STi going up against a stock Civic.

But, uh, good job I guess :wall:

·
Expelled
8,316 Posts
why you gotta hate a race is a race! Man sometimes people should keep there mouth shut! You know you can have a fast car, you always going to have punk little bitches who wanna play so you play hardball! I know you say my poor friend ok he got hurt maybe killed i dont remember but he knew what he was doing! You bought a STi to go to the track everyday bullshit tell me you dont like punching it to have a little fun! If a little civic pulls up to you and revs, what do you do wave and tell him I love you! Look you have been cool till the last couple of days you always gotta open your mouth about a street race!

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
04bluegto said:
why you gotta hate a race is a race! Man sometimes people should keep there mouth shut! You know you can have a fast car, you always going to have punk little bitches who wanna play so you play hardball! I know you say my poor friend ok he got hurt maybe killed i dont remember but he knew what he was doing! You bought a STi to go to the track everyday bullshit tell me you dont like punching it to have a little fun! If a little civic pulls up to you and revs, what do you do wave and tell him I love you! Look you have been cool till the last couple of days you always gotta open your mouth about a street race!
Re-read my post big boy, I tried my damnedest not to mention anything negative about street racing. Did I? NOPE.

I just said a T-bird isn't worth much of a mention against a 350hp sports car! :slap:

What do I do when a Civic revs on me in the street? I usually just ignore him. Exhibiting self-restraint is one of the best things you can do in that situation. When you give in to the jerkstore revving on you, racing him lowers you to his level. If it appears the guy has a decent car and he's shit-talking, I'll ask him if he wants to go to the track. IF he has a quick car, they usually oblige. If they know they can't back it up, the talk quiets very quickly.

"Why you gotta hate a race is a race"

Okay. I think I'm gonna drive a ZO6 and race the first Chevy Aveo I see heads-up. THAT will be a heck of a race, my friend.

·
Expelled
8,316 Posts
ok, Read this Little Man

You always got some dumb crap to say why? Not cool, or nice. No, my sti could beat a stock civic no one cares unless you did it and have a nice backround story. Stop comparing everything. You broke down the WHOLE ____ing T-bird hp rates personally me and most likely everyone else does not give a rats A$$ about a 90's t bird with 230 hp. The GM beat a Ford Great! The Goat ate the bird and called it a day. " I ask him to the track if his car is fast" pu$$y shit why dont you take him for a pizza and a ____. Personally i dont give a ____ if a little rice punk wants to go he will be handled in the right manner of course im not going to race in bumper to bumper traffic. I have respect for the people who mod their ride forever and if they wanna race and beat me good im not gonna to hunt them down to fight maybe i will want to mod my car, the name of the game right. Look man you gotta understand "but uh,good job i guess" ? you guess you know the Goat handled the business end of the story. No one is running over Bambi and running kids off the road Once again Nice Kill DBluegoat you get props from me.

"but uh nice job i guess :wall:" why you hiding see a civic!

·
Registered
161 Posts
STi.... I gotta say, I have also noticed a very negative slant in just about every comment that you make. Its like everytime someone doe's something that makes them feel good, or a little crazy, you come along and pull it down. Why? Stop with this big brother crap.

·
3,327 Posts
STi actually has a lot of good things to say, and I like him hanging around. To each his own, but his stance is to take it to the track. Remember, opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one.

·
Registered
629 Posts
04bluegto said:
ok, Read this Little Man

You always got some dumb crap to say why? Not cool, or nice. No, my sti could beat a stock civic no one cares unless you did it and have a nice backround story. Stop comparing everything. You broke down the WHOLE ____ing T-bird hp rates personally me and most likely everyone else does not give a rats A$$ about a 90's t bird with 230 hp. The GM beat a Ford Great! The Goat ate the bird and called it a day. " I ask him to the track if his car is fast" pu$$y shit why dont you take him for a pizza and a ____. Personally i dont give a ____ if a little rice punk wants to go he will be handled in the right manner of course im not going to race in bumper to bumper traffic. I have respect for the people who mod their ride forever and if they wanna race and beat me good im not gonna to hunt them down to fight maybe i will want to mod my car, the name of the game right. Look man you gotta understand "but uh,good job i guess" ? you guess you know the Goat handled the business end of the story. No one is running over Bambi and running kids off the road Once again Nice Kill DBluegoat you get props from me.

Yea, why is it whenever a guy wins a race in a new goat there has to be a governors meeting to see if it counts or not? Ridiculous. Never really kudos when one of these guys has success, like it must be a fluke that you won, nice try buy a lighter car or something. I think the goat is underrated and more people are finding out that these cars are pretty fast. Ok there are faster new cars, I KNOW THAT, so dont school me please, but some of them look like fri***n afterbirth. I didn't come up all these years wanting a fast car that didnt look cool either.Maybe at 42 I'm too old to get it, but muscle cars TO ME always had two doors. I said "muscle cars" not "fast cars", you can have a fast station wagon but who the hell cares.Reply to this post whatever way you want to. Nuff said.

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
04bluegto said:
ok, Read this Little Man

You always got some dumb crap to say why? Not cool, or nice. No, my sti could beat a stock civic no one cares unless you did it and have a nice backround story. Stop comparing everything. You broke down the WHOLE ____ing T-bird hp rates personally me and most likely everyone else does not give a rats A$$ about a 90's t bird with 230 hp.
Well it's usually nice to know who you're up against, and maybe Dbluegoat wasn't aware of the T-birds distinct power disadvantage. Sure it's nice to embarrass someone that has crap all over the cars like the stickers and such, but mostly what I was trying to point out was that the car was made to "look" fast I guess, instead of actually being fast.

04bluegto said:
The GM beat a Ford Great! The Goat ate the bird and called it a day. " I ask him to the track if his car is fast" pu$$y shit why dont you take him for a pizza and a ____.
Well that's mature.

04bluegto said:
Personally i dont give a ____ if a little rice punk wants to go he will be handled in the right manner of course im not going to race in bumper to bumper traffic. I have respect for the people who mod their ride forever and if they wanna race and beat me good im not gonna to hunt them down to fight maybe i will want to mod my car, the name of the game right. Look man you gotta understand "but uh,good job i guess" ? you guess you know the Goat handled the business end of the story. No one is running over Bambi and running kids off the road Once again Nice Kill DBluegoat you get props from me.

So are you saying since I don't own a GTO and visit these forums, which I happen to like, I have to agree with everyone about everything? Far be it from me to say a negative comment about anything!

In my original post I didn't mention street racing at all, I was just pointing out that the measly little T-bird is not much of a challenge for a car like the GTO. I really did not expect to get flamed for what I posted, as for the most part I carefully chose my words, yet you came along and did it anyway.

You just need to remember what Warren said, "Opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one..." Well I have mine and others have theirs - I personally take no gratification from beating a car with a 150 hp disadvantage, if you want to, that's your prerogative.

craigD said:
Yea, why is it whenever a guy wins a race in a new goat there has to be a governors meeting to see if it counts or not? Ridiculous.
I never once disputed the fact he "won." Sure, he beat what was likely a 205 hp mid-90's T-bird...it counts!!!! The 350hp GTO slaughtered a 205hp Ford. Congrats.

Thanks to both DevilYellow and nikivee for actually reading what I had to say and understanding what I meant. Drinks on me for you two and Warren :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Well, I've got to chime in on this one. DY, Nickivee, and especially STi are definitely right on this one. STi's post was not at all negative and the "flaming responses" were NOT what I, or other members, want to see on this forum. Let's keep it civil, folks, and above all, let's not get personal with our remarks.

Congrats to Dbluegoat. I know that feels good. I do, however, agree with STi about comparing "apples to oranges" in a race. My one and only "street kill" was against a 4.6L Mustang GT, which really is an "apples to oranges" race. He never had a chance. It's fun to beat up on slower cars, but the real test is winning an evenly matched race.

As for street racing, I have sworn it off completely and for lots of reasons. I couldn't have picked a better time to stop because a friend of mine got busted Saturday night (doing something REALLY stupid) and he'll probably lose is license for at least 10 years and he's already lost his S10 truck. The cops impounded his "baby". He had it running good, too.

OK, I've rambled enough. Folks, let's keep it civil. Please.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
FLORIT said:
Well, I've got to chime in on this one. DY, Nickivee, and especially STi are definitely right on this one. STi's post was not at all negative and the "flaming responses" were NOT what I, or other members, what to see on this forum. Let's keep it civil, folks, and above all, let's not get personal with our remarks.

Congrats to Dbluegoat. I know that feels good. I do, however, agree with STi about comparing "apples to oranges" in a race. My one and only "street kill" was against a 4.6L Mustang GT, which really is an "apples to oranges" race. He never had a chance. It's fun to beat up on slower cars, but the real test is winning an evenly matched race.

As for street racing, I have sworn it off completely and for lots of reasons. I couldn't have picked a better time to stop because a friend of mine got busted Saturday night (doing something REALLY stupid) and he'll probably lose is license for at least 10 years and he's already lost his S10 truck. The cops impounded his "baby". He had it running good, too.

OK, I've rambled enough. Folks, let's keep it civil. Please.
i agree.

·
Expelled
8,316 Posts
Ok Sti made points but i've read at least 3 or 4 kills that he just mocks. Like when someone hit 150 sti says "i hope you go to jail" Not is not cool. Look Sti no beef intended but I know when my goat comes in I wanna play! My friend drives a Lancer es and he thinks he can race anything. I saw a Sti a Evo and Gto (Black on Black/Black Male driving anyone here?) on the highway 1 night driving with him and instead of checking out the cars he zips by going on the shouder cutting off people thats not cool i tell him that and one day he'll learn the hard way. He thinks since his car is riced everyone wants to race him. True you have a Z06 your not racing Aveos! Like DY said a T bird played with his GS went to 60 quick thats the kind of stuff i talk about no going 130 on the highway in and out of traffic. I did sound Like a dick yesterday and im sorry for giving you alot of shit STi but please understand from my point of view.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow maybe I should not post sh!t........Well I knew what I was against, and if it had been a normal t-bird I would have ignored it. The fact that it was some egomaniac with a ride louder than a jet (and fully riced out stickers and nothing under the hood) made me feel like putting him in his place. That was it... no big thing, I respect STI for being on this site and posting his comments truthfully. The other thing was I have not had any real kill chances, believe me I would like to kill a stang but usually the ones that pull up next to me are being drivin by some woman who could care less. Peace to all and thanks for the props.

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
04bluegto said:
Ok Sti made points but i've read at least 3 or 4 kills that he just mocks. Like when someone hit 150 sti says "i hope you go to jail" Not is not cool. Look Sti no beef intended but I know when my goat comes in I wanna play! My friend drives a Lancer es and he thinks he can race anything. I saw a Sti a Evo and Gto (Black on Black/Black Male driving anyone here?) on the highway 1 night driving with him and instead of checking out the cars he zips by going on the shouder cutting off people thats not cool i tell him that and one day he'll learn the hard way. He thinks since his car is riced everyone wants to race him. True you have a Z06 your not racing Aveos! Like DY said a T bird played with his GS went to 60 quick thats the kind of stuff i talk about no going 130 on the highway in and out of traffic. I did sound Like a dick yesterday and im sorry for giving you alot of shit STi but please understand from my point of view.
I do understand your point of view, and I can understand that sometimes it's hard to truely enjoy your vehicle and you'll let lose on cars you otherwise wouldn't look at because they're instigating you and so forth. And I apologize if you guys felt I was mocking the kill I guess. Maybe I'm used to it but we give guys on clubwrx.net crap all the time for wasting gas on "lesser" vehicles I guess ;) But it definitely is fun and a rush no matter how you look at it, especially if you haven't gotten the opportunity much with your new cars.

I also apologize for giving the shit back ;), but eh, you wouldn't have it any other way right? :D

Like I've preached before, I'm not a fan of street racing and will avoid it with every fiber of my being, but we're all human and make mistakes. I gotta admit that if some jerk in a Evo 8 pulled up next to me and was talking crap and so forth, if the situation was relatively "safe" I would probably not hesitate too much to try my best to put him in his place.

And Dbluegoat, I totally understand where you're coming from, those people DO need to be put in the place, but I guess I was just pointing out that it wasn't much of a contest.

We all get worked up now and then, even when it's about pretty much nothing, kinda like this ;)

EDIT: and I can only think of two kills that I've mocked :sneaky: VR4 and this one...

·
Registered
77 Posts
STi said:
Well a T-bird isn't really the best competition for you...if you didn't kill it, something would've been amiss. Highest powered T-bird in the 90s came with about 230 hp and that was the SuperCoupe. I'm guessing the one you ran, due to how loud it was, was most likely a later 90s V8 model with exhaust...those hot rods came stock with 205 hp. So with close to a 150 hp advantage, it would be pretty close to the equivalent of my 317whp STi going up against a stock Civic.

But, uh, good job I guess :wall:
Seems like you never really have anything good to say.

Good Kill! :thumbs:

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Hey, I beat a Geo Metro with my Camaro.

Please explain to me the reason why I had my way with the little 3 cylinder tarmac wrinkler?

Fact: He beat him.
Fact: The T-Bird is underpowered
Fact: The dim-wit behind the wheel of the T-Bird thought he could hang, otherwise he wouldn't have tried running.

At the end of the day, the T-Bird lost. Period, Nada, End of story! No need to detail the virtues of technical specs as to why he won.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
Hey, I beat a Geo Metro with my Camaro.

Please explain to me the reason why I had my way with the little 3 cylinder tarmac wrinkler?

Fact: He beat him.
Fact: The T-Bird is underpowered
Fact: The dim-wit behind the wheel of the T-Bird thought he could hang, otherwise he wouldn't have tried running.

At the end of the day, the T-Bird lost. Period, Nada, End of story! No need to detail the virtues of technical specs as to why he won.

A'men!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts