LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vires Montesque Vincimus
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i exit the 5 and proceed to Irvine center drive I get in the left hand turn lane MMOB of course. This black car pulls up next to me and i give just a quick glance at it. I thought it was a CTS-V at first then notice it's a pretty tuff looking Audi. The Light turns green and i slowly turn into the inside lane. He on the other hand is a little more spirited and takes the outside once we come outta the turn he in front and on it pretty good so I take the bait and mash the loud pedal. First gear went by quick and i was at his back door. Second gear chirp and i'm even. Once I hit third I start pullin hard. The next time i looked in my side view he was at least 2-3 cars behind me. Now i'm wondering did I beat him by three cars or did he let off? I'm all stock except for a Catback but the driver mod IS installed. RS4's are pretty mean from what i gather and this thing took me by surprise. Anyway my turn is coming up so i get in the right lane make my turn and there he is on my ass again. I try to guide him to a nice straight away but no go. I shoot him the piece sign and he returns it.
So waddya think? Legitement win or not?

Oh and earlier i toasted a S4. Audi's were out to play i guess.

·
Incognito
1,433 Posts
My guess was it was an S4, RS4s are 420 hp and no joke. I didn't think you could buy an RS4 in the states yet?

edit: You can buy them, I just checked. Performance numbers are almost identical to a stock 05/06 Goat.

·
Vires Montesque Vincimus
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya, it has some good numbers. I remember seeing the sticker still in the window. There was no mistaking this for an S4,it looked mean! I hope i see him again.......:gears:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
John Doe said:
My guess was it was an S4, RS4s are 420 hp and no joke. I didn't think you could buy an RS4 in the states yet?

edit: You can buy them, I just checked. Performance numbers are almost identical to a stock 05/06 Goat.
Yeah the RS4's are AWD and I've seen a bone stock time of 12.9 at 108 from one tester. I think from a dig the RS4 would win more times than not stock for stock.

·
Vires Montesque Vincimus
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sure it's true about an RS4 being quicker off the line but this was a first gear roll on. Maybe that's what made the difference. :gears: Either way he got a good view of my ass end!:gears:

·
cubs suck
668 Posts
i saw a gray one yesterday in the seattle burbs where i live, coming home from work. i wasnt in any kind of position to line up with it and the traffic was heavy but is sure was a pretty car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey nocage....I smoked a tercel the other day...hahaha

Ya, let's hang after work, throw me a call before you bounce out......peace..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts