LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Turbo Whistle? She's Stock:)
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Killed by a CLS63 AMG

Well I was leaving discount Auto part after a long day installing my new GMM Street RipShifter:fawkdance ; heading West. While waiting in the turning lane I noticed a freshly waxed (what I thought at the time was an CLS550). After squeezing by the slow 3mpg SUVs and UBER slow Sedans I managed to ease up behind him. I think he noticed me after I down shifted in 3rd gear at 50 MPH and he just gunned it:bomb: . All I could say was WTF!!!! I was at WOT Throttle and he was dusting me as if I was driving a Civic. I caught up with him at the next red light and I noticed it said CLS63 AMG:barf: I felt demoralized, but still ready to run again. After the light shifted I was left in AWE, my jaw dropped, before I even hit 3rd he had a bus length on me, then I just shut down. We exchanged thumbs up and parted.

HOW MUCH HP does that thing have BTW, it reminds me when I lined up with a Black Carrera GT, down in Miami; but it wasn't that bad though.

·
NFC Champs
883 Posts
It has a 507hp N/A V8. The older CLS55 AMG had the 469hp blown V8.

·
Turbo Whistle? She's Stock:)
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now I don't feel so bad, it's a $88,000 Car.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
wow, them things sure a refast huh, I wanna see how the m5 will give it a run.

·
9 Second Club
14,788 Posts
430-440 to the rear wheels, tons of torque

·
Banned
868 Posts

·
Objects in mirror dont matter
3,777 Posts
Honorable death, and you were lucky to have a driver who appreciated both your car and his enough to run you. Cool.
I learned about Brabus E55 and a SL65 AMG :hail: in a most embarassing fashion. I grinned right to death watching 'em go bye bye.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Nice death. I've had the same thing. Not much you can do about it except start bolting on the mods. Just remember that his down payment was probably close to what we paid for our cars :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
ive been killed by one also, it was on the first of this month in San jose California, we wer pulling onto the highway going south off of Yerba Buena (for those who know) heading south on hwy 101, i was heading home, he was in ffront and i saw him gun it, and i was playing catch up, never did get to catch up. they sound nice too.

·
Registered
222 Posts
A while back i was thinking of buying a used SL-55 AMG, but at $69,000 i ended up with a 05 GTO. I love the GTO, for the money and power ya just cant beat the goat!

Chas

·
I like pie.
267 Posts
I got thrashed by something black, mercades, amg with a V12 in it not too long ago...

Whatever it was, it had a v12 badge on it, supercharged... and it made me look like...... well lets just say slow.

·
Registered
582 Posts
yes, the CLS is a nice car with unusual and neat looks, but i'd never want one. not my style. but you got to hand it to them --they're fricking fast rides, especially the AMG tuned versions. at least you had balls to take him on, and he gave you thumbs up.

·
Twitchin'
208 Posts
jcain said:
amg's are the sleep.
No joke! If I could afford it, I would own the ultimate sleeper - the E55 AMG wagon!:hail: :hail: :gears: :turbonaug 12 second 1/4's and low-mid 4 second 0-60's bone stock...:gr_devil: :mswerd: Too bad they are $80-90k cars. :cry: There is one around here that I see now and again...instant wood...no doubt about it!:boink:

Love me some MB kraut power....mmmmmm:judge:

Cheers!:drink:

·
wa6usa
298 Posts
Good Kill, you have to do some pretty serious mods to beat those sleepers.
I crept up on a Gold AMG CLS 55 on I-10 near Palm Springs Saturday night.
I was all ready to give it a run at 70+ MPH in 4th when I looked over at the driver... It was an 80+ year old woman. I shook my head, and just kept going.:confused:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Back when I had my YJ '04, I noticed an E55 AMG on the third lane on the highway and came up right next to it. It was an older gentelman in his 50's with his wife as his only passenger. Instead of revving at him, because I had an auto, I hit the gas a couple times right next to him without and response. The third time I hit the gas, so did he. He easily whooped the crap out of me and put me in my place. I was impressed! AMG's are wicked fast, but that speed comes at a hefty price.

-Dennis

·
Registered
375 Posts
"Mercedes says the rear-wheel-drive CLS63 needs only 4.5 seconds to hit 60 mph."

Doesn't sound like there should be that much of a difference between the Benz and GOAT 6.0.

·
Objects in mirror dont matter
3,777 Posts
Loubo said:
"Mercedes says the rear-wheel-drive CLS63 needs only 4.5 seconds to hit 60 mph."

Doesn't sound like there should be that much of a difference between the Benz and GOAT 6.0.
The average buyer can actually go mash the pedal and do 4.5 in the AMG. Launching a GTO to do it takes a lot more finesse, and some mods.
Cubic $ with launch control rocks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts