LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, it was bucketing down and I had zero traction, and he pulled away, so I suppose it counts as a death. We both got a good laugh out of it when I finally caught him at the next light!!

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
First thing I thought when I read this thread is that he hit you...

·
7,835 Posts
Stoat said:
Yes, it was bucketing down and I had zero traction, and he pulled away, so I suppose it counts as a death. We both got a good laugh out of it when I finally caught him at the next light!!

Have you seen those UPS trucks, those are the ones to be affraid of.

·
7,835 Posts
RobertHammen said:
First thing I thought when I read this thread is that he hit you...
I thought that too, which in that case GTO vs. Fedex truck...Unfair Matchup

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
7,889 Posts
Stoat said:
Bwhahah nice death:drink:

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
The maillady beat me yesterday.

·
Unnaturally Aspirated
798 Posts
Stoat said:
hard to beat those shipping trucks, they can have all sorts of performance parts in them.............:turbonaug

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,958 Posts
You know at FedEx we say: Absolutely Positively.

Let me tell you the 0-6 times on our new trucks is damn impressive, it might even beat a Prisus when they're empty.

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
I had a guy in a UPS truck do a pretty good job of sticking with me on the way out of Yosemite, south towards Fresno in 1999 or 2000. I was in a v-6 convertible I admit, but I was pushing that SOB for all it was worth on those twisties, passing everything in sight, and the only thing with the guts to keep up was that UPS truck. A couple of BMWs tried for awhile but gave up (I admit, the cornering was pretty hairy at times). Funny as hell.

LR

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
You have to watch out for some of those UPS guys. As much as their supervisors think the trucks are restricted of their top performance potential, the drivers simply hint to the mechanics that their truck "may need a new fuel filter", and then the gloves are off. All the governing mods are removed, and the truck is no different than the one Dale Jarrett uses to qualify at Talledega. :gears:

·
LS1/2/6/7 motors FTW!!
302 Posts
Stoat said:
funny how u said it was a fedex truck cuz i work for them lol....ive even ran into some buddies on the street while in my goat and they always throw revs! :gears:

·
LS1/2/6/7 motors FTW!!
302 Posts
Napalm said:
You know at FedEx we say: Absolutely Positively.

Let me tell you the 0-6 times on our new trucks is damn impressive, it might even beat a Prisus when they're empty.

what fedex do u work for? i work for FedEx freight and yeah our new "long haul" trucks and city trucks are quite peppy 0-6 and should spank a prius lol:drink:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Nice death LOL! I've found some cab drivers can be very skilled at cutting lights.

·
street terrorist
711 Posts
those fed-ex trucks are nothing to mess around with... they have an almost linear torque curve.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Magnified said:
I had a guy in a UPS truck do a pretty good job of sticking with me on the way out of Yosemite, south towards Fresno in 1999 or 2000. I was in a v-6 convertible I admit, but I was pushing that SOB for all it was worth on those twisties, passing everything in sight, and the only thing with the guts to keep up was that UPS truck. A couple of BMWs tried for awhile but gave up (I admit, the cornering was pretty hairy at times). Funny as hell.

LR
i live right there coming out of yosemite south on the 41 =D

·
Registered
205 Posts
Blast2Hell said:
hard to beat those shipping trucks, they can have all sorts of performance parts in them.............:turbonaug

That is FUNNY!!!!

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,958 Posts
FedEx Express.

One of my buddy's works in the ground veichle division. We test drove the Sprinter vans one day, then got to try out the new Eaton equiped Sprinter vans.

All to SC guys, don't get your hopes up. The EATON in this case is EATON Electro Systems. Those vans have a prototype hybrid drive system. We bought the first 50 and the start in San Fran, LA, and San Diego this year.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts