LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went out cruising last night. I was driving along and noticed some kid 17-18 in a 'stang gt trying to show his muscle at the light ahead. Just some regular cars next to him and they were not even racing, but he wanted to show what a stang can do. I figured I would get up there next to him and show him what muscle is. So I am rolling at about 30mph next to him and then I just step on it hard......he had no balls, he just backed down and got in the third land over. Later on I pull up next to a honda accord 2 door late 90's version and the kids want to run so give them the ok rev. the light changes and I stand on it.........they are like instantly blown away. At the next light the kid goes you gotta give us a headstart....I said no thats enough for me. Then we turn and I pull next to them at another light and they say "That thing is badass, really nice ride man." I realize it was no competition but they asked to be killed so I obliged and at least they had some real respect for a nice car.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Fun, isn't it? :D
Be advised, however, some of those imports are incredibly fast. I saw an Integra at our "cruise-in" last night that runs low 6's in the 1/8th, using NOS, of course. Anyway, that import would embarrass my GTO, so I took careful note not to play with HIM on the strip.
Still, it amazes me that some "ricers" want to play with the GTO. A friend and I were driving up one of our divided highways and a Honda Civic, of all things, pulled up beside us and started revving and pulling forward and backing off and revving and all that "wanna race?" stuff. We just looked at each other with that, "WTF?" look, wondering what THAT kid was thinking. I didn't waste the gas. Puuuuleeeeease!

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
You remind me of those executioners during the French Revolution. You wield your GTO like it's a freshly oiled guillotine. You killed him but at least you were swift and merciful about it. I like that. I'm sure he was grateful you didn't torture him slowly first.

LOL! Great kill> I love stories like this. Especially when it involves ricers--the most hideous abomination that ever walked the earth.

·
04 Impulse blue/blue M6 GOAT
368 Posts
Out at the cruising spot, me and my cuzzin are sitting silently at the red light patiently awaiting it to turn green then this black Srt4 rolls up revvin his 4 cylinder, me and my cousin start laughin a bit,wait 10 seconds and he does it again, so i silenced him and revved mine up drowned him out. light turns green i just start driving he gets on it and flys by me, i signal for him to hit the turn around so he does, then i roll the window down and ask him if he wants to run he says yes, I thought i heard from someone on here that those were quick, so i said alright from a 20 roll we get on it and im watchin him in my rearview mirror half way through 2nd, i shut it down, he catches up and says we gotta go from a dead stop so i said fine because i wanted to show him what a monster this car is, so we go at a green light and i walked away from him left him back somewhere in the distance, he catches up later that night and makes excuses about his shifter knob falling off.
Rice belongs on a plate with soy sauce not on the steets!

·
Si vis pacem, paro bellum
761 Posts
2loco said:
Out at the cruising spot, me and my cuzzin are sitting silently at the red light patiently awaiting it to turn green then this black Srt4 rolls up revvin his 4 cylinder, me and my cousin start laughin a bit,wait 10 seconds and he does it again, so i silenced him and revved mine up drowned him out. light turns green i just start driving he gets on it and flys by me, i signal for him to hit the turn around so he does, then i roll the window down and ask him if he wants to run he says yes, I thought i heard from someone on here that those were quick, so i said alright from a 20 roll we get on it and im watchin him in my rearview mirror half way through 2nd, i shut it down, he catches up and says we gotta go from a dead stop so i said fine because i wanted to show him what a monster this car is, so we go at a green light and i walked away from him left him back somewhere in the distance, he catches up later that night and makes excuses about his shifter knob falling off.
Rice belongs on a plate with soy sauce not on the steets!
Good Kills! Not to shoot you down or anything, but this person must not have known how to drive their car because these run the 1/4 in the same time that the goat does. So if you walked away from him it was due to the driving, not the ride. Just a warning before you start thinking that srt4's are slow.
mike

·
Si vis pacem, paro bellum
761 Posts
Our goats are not listed as running that either. both cars are listed as running 13.6-13.8 in the 1/4. Granted some of us are running low 13's like you pointed out, but some of us are also running mid 14's. same goes for the srt-4. But as far as tests go and show, both run enar the same in the 1/4.
mike

·
Registered
774 Posts
A 2004 SRT with a good driver is definitely a match for the goat through the quarter. After about 100mph the Goat will walk away from it. Plus, the SRT is easy and cheap to mod with Mopar parts. For $20K it's quite a bargain!

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
No doubt the numbers support the SRT-4 as a good match for the GTO. I did, however, have a similar experience as 2loco. Without actually racing, simply "posturing" from one light to the next, the SRT's owner simply said, "I don't want any part of that GTO." I think he may have been intimidated by the V8's growl. It was a friendly encounter and I must say, the front end on that SRT-4 is bad as* looking.

·
04 Impulse blue/blue M6 GOAT
368 Posts
maybe it was the driver ill have to find another one this weekend to test your theory!

·
Registered
22 Posts
nice kill

1 - 13 of 13 Posts