LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
04bluegto said:
too bad i had to be in my S10 Blazer to do it this stupid crx from the 80's with his loud fart can pulled up next to me at a light and then shot off but i caught him at the next and blew him away real sad if anything but i had to do it i was also in my aunts Sonata and blew away my friends lancer another sad story.[/QUOTE

was it a lancer EVO?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Did the S-10 have an LT-1 conversion?

·
Registered
36 Posts
04bluegto said:
too bad i had to be in my S10 Blazer to do it this stupid crx from the 80's with his loud fart can pulled up next to me at a light and then shot off but i caught him at the next and blew him away real sad if anything but i had to do it i was also in my aunts Sonata and blew away my friends lancer another sad story.
Now there's a run on sentence if I ever saw one. :sneaky:

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had a kid in an old s-10 with a bad muffler try to get me to run today ,but there was a truck behind me with a lightset on top and we were in the city doing the speed limit already.It turned out to be a marine patrol truck, whatever that means.I know we also have border patrol cars and trucks around here that set off my radar detector.I live in michigan,by the water. any ricer kill is a good one no matter what you drive.

·
Disaster
339 Posts
04bluegto said:
go to hell ill run on all over the place who needs periods im not a girl!!!!!!
haha easy now. I wasn't making fun of ya, I just thought it was funny :D

·
Registered
774 Posts
Exponential existentialism does NOT become you!

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
04bluegto said:
no just the high output vortec v6
Ahh, the old "W" motor (8th digit of the VIN). I miss that motor. These new Atlas motors sans the I6 stink!

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Of I had $5k laying around, my GTO would have a blower for starters. :D

I've had several of them and of course worked on 100's of them. They have their quirks but being a SBC minus two cylinders, they were good little workhorse motors.

Just keep your "spider" clean. Those tappet valves were a common problem causing rough idle and running.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
Of I had $5k laying around, my GTO would have a blower for starters. :D
I don't have any experience with blowers (at least, not the automotive kind) What type and mfr do you lean toward?

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Don't know yet Mike. Each unit has it's plusses & minusses. But most setups cost about $5k some less (without intercooler) and some more.

Your "Spider" is the fuel delivery system on the CPI Vortec V6. It is a nickname for it as it is a central rotating set of vanes that has a single fuel injector dumping fuel onto it as it spins. As it spins it distributes the fuel to 6 individual lines that have a tappet like valve at the end that delivers it to the cylinder. IN a way it looks like a spider. Those tappet valves were notorious for clogging from bad fuel and lack of fuel system maintanance (I.E. filter changes).

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
CMNTMXR57 said:
Don't know yet Mike. Each unit has it's plusses & minusses. But most setups cost about $5k some less (without intercooler) and some more.
I think if I were to go that route, I would prefer something that had the least power drain at low RPM. I guess that would be a centrifugal type like a Vortec? I'd like to retain some semblance of fuel efficiency when just putting around town or cruising at 65.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts