LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as a general it has been very hard for me to find out they back off when they see the GTO in fender lol. But i can say i have 2 kills. 1 a 69 charger :) and a sweet kill.
A SVT STANG. Sweetness at its best when on the books it says they beat the GTO and on street it isnt held up lol. I have a Cosmos purple as you see with 6 speed and am i ever glad i got the standerd not the auto.

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
richknapp said:
Well as a general it has been very hard for me to find out they back off when they see the GTO in fender lol. But i can say i have 2 kills. 1 a 69 charger :) and a sweet kill.
A SVT STANG. Sweetness at its best when on the books it says they beat the GTO and on street it isnt held up lol. I have a Cosmos purple as you see with 6 speed and am i ever glad i got the standerd not the auto.
I hope you you have a Kevlar suit! The flames will come shortly.

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
Well, he wasn't specific at all, so it could've been a 1993 SVT Cobra, with something like 240hp, or the same rating in 1994 and 1995. Or it could've been a 1996-98 Cobra with 305hp, or the 1999 or 2001 Cobra with 320hp, or the 2003+ with 390hp.

If it's the latter, I doubt they knew how to drive ;)

But, we all know, the best mod to any car is a good driver :thumbs:

Nice kill. Want more details :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
STi said:
Well, he wasn't specific at all, so it could've been a 1993 SVT Cobra, with something like 240hp, or the same rating in 1994 and 1995. Or it could've been a 1996-98 Cobra with 305hp, or the 1999 or 2001 Cobra with 320hp, or the 2003+ with 390hp.

If it's the latter, I doubt they knew how to drive ;)

But, we all know, the best mod to any car is a good driver :thumbs:

Nice kill. Want more details :)
Well both were from a roll. the 69 was from a 35MPH roll and the SVT was from about 15MPH roll. neather was from a stand still. Both times they creaped up and played. then nailed it so i returned fire ( coudint resist lol. )
The SVT was the new body style ( i would guess in like a 2002 or so dont know ponys that well). I think it was a new owner as the driver. I never figure on winning just wanted te see how close i could get lol.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
big difference between the 01's and 03's, about 70 hp and a supercharger. You must be more specific.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
goatwrx said:
big difference between the 01's and 03's, about 70 hp and a supercharger. You must be more specific.
it is somewhat difficult to tell the difference between the 01 and 03 cobra. i believe the only asthetic difference is the hood styling. at one time i could tell the difference. but i just dont care enough about mustang to remember the difference.

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
it is somewhat difficult to tell the difference between the 01 and 03 cobra. i believe the only asthetic difference is the hood styling. at one time i could tell the difference. but i just dont care enough about mustang to remember the difference.
Differences between the '01 and '03 are as follows: hood, front fascia, rear fascia, rear spoiler, interior, wheels, and of course, a forged motor and an Eaton supercharger :)

Probably the best tell-tale sign would be the characteristic supercharger whine. On stock Cobras, it can be loud as all hell.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
sorry, i just can tell the difference but that is what happens when i spend most of my waking hours either looking at car forums or reading car magazines. I can always tell when I see the the funny spoiler in the back, or the goofy front profile on the front bumper. Rarely is the impreza in front of a cobra unless he is going the other way, then I can tell with the hood/front fascia.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Nice kills, so weres the story ? All dramatic and stuff.......creeping in first gear, sweat starting to form, rumble of V8 all around, a split second of peace then the gates of hell open......... :driving: LS1 screaming like satans bone saw, Cobra hangs but drifts away :cool:

I'm assuming we have a NA Cobra here. How close was the match ups?

·
10 sec club
471 Posts
richknapp said:
The SVT was the new body style ( i would guess in like a 2002 or so dont know ponys that well).
There was no 2002 SVT Cobra - only '99, '00 Cobra R, '01 & '03/'04... ;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Angus said:
There was no 2002 SVT Cobra - only '99, '00 Cobra R, '01 & '03/'04... ;)
Well I guess I just proved my point that iI don't know ponys. lol All I know was it was a SVT and a newer body style . lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts