LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a set of King Springs on all four sides of the car a few months ago and I am not pleased with the end result. The front of the car looks great and the performance is ok, just ok. Also, I installed a SLP rear sway bar that significantly helped the performance. What I do not like is the fact that the rear end of the car now sits almost an inch higher. Additionally, it does not sit level. The right side of the car is over 1/4" higher than the left.

My question is this - Has anyone changed only the front springs and kept the stock rear springs?

Lastly, do not purchase the King Springs. The quality of the product is sub-par to the other major names for the GTOs.

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
Are you sure you have the right springs on the right side? Mine were labeled Right and left and my car is pretty level. Also how did you measure it for level? Did you measure it before and after the spring swap? Not trying to defend King's just asking. More can lead to your ride height issues than just the springs.

·
GTO no more baaah!
1,150 Posts
King "OEM height" rear springs are oversprung, even with stock dampers. Good for a drag setup but rather harsh for daily IMO.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
well a search before you ordered them would've told you the stock height rears are a tick higher than stock.

as far as the ride height, the rear bar may have something to do with it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
King Springs

radkon,

I did indeed measure the wheels prior to and after the install. Prior to the install, the call was dead even. After the install is where the difference occurred. As for the right and left side, does this apply to the rear springs? I know that there is a difference between the front springs; however, I was not aware of a difference between the rear. Please advise and thanks for responding.

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
jvargosko said:
radkon,

I did indeed measure the wheels prior to and after the install. Prior to the install, the call was dead even. After the install is where the difference occurred. As for the right and left side, does this apply to the rear springs? I know that there is a difference between the front springs; however, I was not aware of a difference between the rear. Please advise and thanks for responding.
I know mine had marking for left and right. Took me awhile to determine which was the left side of the car and which was the right. I didn't stand the springs next to each other and measure them so I'm not sure if they were different heights.

How many miles have you put on them? Mine seem to have settled a bit (less than 1/8 but more than 1/16). Just finished a 600 mi round trip this weekend and the wife didn't complain at all about the ride. I will remeasure the car tonight since it needs a wash anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts