LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night i went out for a leisurely cruise. im sitting at a stop sign and i see a set of porsche headlights pulling up on my left side.
so im thinking "its probably just a carrera, i can take him if he decides he wants to play"
then he pulls up and i see "turbo" on the rear. then i think to myself "this guy could rip me a new @$$hole if he wanted to". needless to say that i didn't start anything. haha

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Why not. How do you know he just didn't buy it for status and to impress the ladies? He may not know a damn how to drive it. Considering he didn't try to start anything with you, he was obviously oblivious.

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
Heck, I would give anybody a run just to see what happens. You never know.

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
That's my attitude

JayStew said:
Heck, I would give anybody a run just to see what happens. You never know.
Heck, I even raced a super fast Kawasaki crotch rocket in my GTO. One time, I was driving my wife's minivan and raced a Jeep Liberty.

If you lost to the Turbo, you can console yourself by saying, well, it's a Porsche Turbo after all. But if you won the race, think how big your schlong must feel like afterwards.....

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well we were on a stretch of road witha 35mph speed limit. so i wasn't gonna be the one to instigate something. my driving becomes more conservative with each passing day. i keep thinking that if i had had this car when i was 17 i would be dead already.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Wuss! :D

Just Kidding! I don't condone street racing either.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
04bluegto said:
I want 1 of those ugly boxsters to pull up next to me!! Smart move but I would of jumped to see if he would go!!!
he didn't act very interested. i very conservativily pulled ahead of him on the right to see if he would come back. he didn't flinch. so either he thought i was a cavalier or didn't give a crap.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CMNTMXR57 said:
Wuss! :D

Just Kidding! I don't condone street racing either.
back when i was 18 or so i probably would have egged him on until he took the bait. then ran all out just to see if i could do it.

geez i was stupid. and seems like everybody wanted a piece of the GTP.

·
Registered
61 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
last night i went out for a leisurely cruise. im sitting at a stop sign and i see a set of porsche headlights pulling up on my left side.
so im thinking "its probably just a carrera, i can take him if he decides he wants to play"
then he pulls up and i see "turbo" on the rear. then i think to myself "this guy could rip me a new @$$hole if he wanted to". needless to say that i didn't start anything. haha
You should of. Don't let your pride keep you from seeing what the comps got in store. It's always good to know. Faster or slower. I've already had a few losses in my goat.

·
Registered
61 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
back when i was 18 or so i probably would have egged him on until he took the bait. then ran all out just to see if i could do it.
Me too. Like you, with each passing day I also feel that my driving is getting more conservative.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Racing a 12 Cylinder Jag on the Highway

There I was minding my own business when a Jag came up on me at a high rate of speed. At first I thought it was a cop, so I slowed down a little. I was getting ready to get out of the fast lane when he decided to come up along side of me. It was a 12 cylinder convertible Jag with the top down. I looked around and there was no one else on the Highway so I punched it in 6th gear. I relized that he had some major grunt as he started to pass me. So, I down shifted into 5th and started to over take him. Well we are starting to get into triple digit speeds and he was trailing me. I finally slowed down at about 130 mph when I knew he couldnt keep up with me. As I slowed down and got out of the way he came up along side of me and gave me the thumbs up. I watched him speed away at over 120 mph.

The GTO is very stable at high speed, much much better then my old 2000 Civic Si.

Have fun and play safe!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts