LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Exhausted Tuner
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those interested in seeing the results from the header install on SoCal Goat's GTO at the event, here you go:

Stock Manifolds Custom Tune: 428 / 423
Kook's LT headers New Custom Tune: 454 / 454

36 Max RWHP increase
32 Max RWTQ increase

26 Peak RWHP increase
31 Peak RWTQ increase

Tuning Thread:
http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108640

The installation of the headers took from 1:45pm to 3:15pm (1.5 hrs)
-No bending, heating or clearancing of the header was needed.
-No special tools were required.
-No jacking of the motor and no removing PS lines.

The catted midpipes were fabricated on the car and installed by 4:00pm (45 mins)

I hope all those watchign were taking notes .. I saw plenty asking questions.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
damn, im praying to get gains like that lol, are you pleased steve?

·
Need To Drive More
1,475 Posts
Btlfed1500 said:
no removing PS lines.
:eek:

In the picture those headers have collector flanges. Too cool.

Man, I bought the wrong brand of headers.

·
That ain't no cake
2,665 Posts
I just got mine today and well be going to get a dyno, pre header install and then hopefully hook up with Richard (Btlfed1500) after the install and get a tune. Thanks to Flash99 for dyno info close to home.:gears:

·
Member: Black Sheep Squadron
4,065 Posts
bluhaven said:
I just got mine today and well be going to get a dyno, pre header install and then hopefully hook up with Richard (Btlfed1500) after the install and get a tune. Thanks to Flash99 for dyno info close to home.:gears:

No problem, you will love Mike, he's a super cool guy. Let me know the results, since your an A4 the numbers may be a little low. Plus the heat up there, and altitude. That dyno isnt as forgiving as others, but its a good baseline.

·
Slow LS2
974 Posts
Very Nice!! I cant wait!!

·
That ain't no cake
2,665 Posts
Flash99 said:
No problem, you will love Mike, he's a super cool guy. Let me know the results, since your an A4 the numbers may be a little low. Plus the heat up there, and altitude. That dyno isnt as forgiving as others, but its a good baseline.
Tried to get ahold of him today but he already left, but the guy said to call him at 7:30 a.m. tomorrow and he doesn't have anything going on so hopefully I can get it in there tomorrow. Yea I'm not real concerned about the numbers just nice to know where you start at. If I can get the tune by Oct. 28, the next day at fontana, those are the real numbers I want to see!!!!!!!!! Got drag bags yesterday.

·
4,065 Posts
bluhaven said:
Tried to get ahold of him today but he already left, but the guy said to call him at 7:30 a.m. tomorrow and he doesn't have anything going on so hopefully I can get it in there tomorrow. Yea I'm not real concerned about the numbers just nice to know where you start at. If I can get the tune by Oct. 28, the next day at fontana, those are the real numbers I want to see!!!!!!!!! Got drag bags yesterday.

Looks like your in "Mod Mode" I'm always that way LOL. Glad to see things are progressing for you. Sooner or later you guys will be beating my slow GTO down the track. :)

FYI Mike likes to leave by 3:00PM or get ready to leave.

·
4,065 Posts
DK2F said:
damn, im praying to get gains like that lol, are you pleased steve?

I guarantee results for you. 31RWHP, or your next matress is FREEEE!!!!

·
That ain't no cake
2,665 Posts
Flash99 said:
Looks like your in "Mod Mode" I'm always that way LOL. Glad to see things are progressing for you. Sooner or later you guys will be beating my slow GTO down the track. :)

FYI Mike likes to leave by 3:00PM or get ready to leave.
I don't know if we'll get to that point Flash, she has to learn how to heat them tires up first!!!!!!!!.....in forward not reverse.:gears:

·
Ecc 10:2
725 Posts
LS2PWR said:
So who won in the pool we had going.
I didn't keep track.
I thought YOU were keeping track. :)

I said I'd be very happy with 20-25hp/20-25tq gain.
Well, hp was up a little from that and tq even more.
Mongo impressed.
Mongo like.
Longtubes good.

·
Exhausted Tuner
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LS2PWR said:
Damn Richard my install wasnt that fast.....

Nice Steve, So who won in the pool we had going.
well ... what can i say, you had the "other" headers :p

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
SoCal Goat said:
I didn't keep track.
I thought YOU were keeping track. :)

I said I'd be very happy with 20-25hp/20-25tq gain.
Well, hp was up a little from that and tq even more.
Mongo impressed.
Mongo like.
Longtubes good.
lol, me and flash won the pool, i had 26 which was peak and he said 36 which was max lol.

after i see the results of mine, you and me are going to race, pink suspenders for the loss, or your nifty t-shirt for the win :) :gr_devil:

·
4,065 Posts
DK2F said:
lol, me and flash won the pool, i had 26 which was peak and he said 36 which was max lol.

after i see the results of mine, you and me are going to race, pink suspenders for the loss, or your nifty t-shirt for the win :) :gr_devil:

Should be good...

·
Bye Bye Goat..It's Been Fun
3,934 Posts
DK2F said:

You better either buy a pair of pink suspenders, or a big ass bottle.:bootyshak

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
lol, or rig the tree :):secret:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts