LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
My normal state of affairs...
5,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i love it:gears:

its certainly loud enough to scare women and children. and its got a nice old school muscle car sound. plus, since the LS2 has a decent cam from the factory, you can actually hear a bit of cam lope:thumbs:

and a big thanks to Black Devil for installing these for me while i stood there and watched. maybe held a few things up for him, but that was it:secret:

as for drone, none except for luggin up a hill in 4th gear with the converter locked with the windows open. so yea, none:)

oh yea, smells funny too:gr_devil:

pics: when i decide to get off my lazy ass and take some:)

vids: when BD sends them to me:)

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Hey Jon, glad to see you are happy. I should have that video uploaded today. I'll PM it to you.

·
Blown By Maggie
2,443 Posts
Very true. I had the kink taken out for 30 bucks at Maryland Muffler. Vince the guy there does excellent work. Also I had him remove the resonator with a custom H-pipe he made for 60.00. So for 90 bucks a got a pretty good cat-back.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
The kink is going to be fixed soon. He has to replenish his wallet.

Jon will have the video later today. He will post it. I shot the video for him, after we washed our cars.

·
Unnaturally Aspirated
798 Posts
I have this same setup, the sound is ok, but a bit too much metallic noise for my taste. I realize the tubing is much thinner then before, but it just isn't that deep pure sound I wanted, and I don't think a catback is going to fix it, I would think it would only let the metallic sound come out even more. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
132 Posts
replace the resonator with 2 strait pipes and you will hear it lope more

·
5,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep, resonator is coming out and being replaced by an H pipe, and then the kinks will be taken care of:)

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Get a louder exhaust. The tinny sound will hardly be noticable.

Jon, you got a PM. Sound clip

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Glad you're happy Jon. I'm interested to see what the kooks sound like through the stock cat-back.

·
5,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Video: KOOKs through completely stock cat-back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIb8PtmFN-A

Pics: testing out the new headers. yes, my wheels really were moving. just not the front:bootyshak i really hope no one has 56K for this:comp:

·
5,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
more pics

·
5,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and even more

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Glad to see you've got the glase off those rears. Now, rotate them, and do the other tires.

·
5,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mdmike said:
Nice Pic series and no wheel hop.:gears:
only from the 1-2 i get wheelhop. kinda annoying at 50mph having the rear hop up and down:)

·
not a pontiac its a HOLDEN !!
8,787 Posts
dam good camera , not to blur the rear tires while spinning , lol

ill have to give it a listen when i get home from work

im planing on running LT's and no cats with the stock catback also , unless i can get a mid section made with a X pipe , since no one else makes a bolt in mid section

1 - 16 of 16 Posts