LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I have a set of cracked dampers from my set of KWV3s on my car, both fronts. One of them is leaking fluid. Has anyone else seen this kind of damage? KW has the driver front (the leaking one) and are ordering another housing to replace it for $150 from Germany, an addition to the cost to redo the seals. I’d be very interested to hear if this was a common thing. Photos attached.

Attachments

·
1 of 262
10,315 Posts
I've had KWV3 for at least 10 years and had no problems except the rear springs collapsed twice and I needed to replace them with King Springs.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. Maybe I just got a bad batch.

How did you know the rear springs collapsed? I think the inner coils are designed to contact (part of the "progressive" rate). Did the king springs fit with the adjustable perch?

·
1 of 262
10,315 Posts
Interesting. Maybe I just got a bad batch.

How did you know the rear springs collapsed? I think the inner coils are designed to contact (part of the "progressive" rate). Did the king springs fit with the adjustable perch?
I kept losing ride height and finally ran out of adjuster height; it happened twice... The rear springs are "not" strong enough to support the car, especially under hard acceleration. The springs just slowly collapsed over time, but they replaced them twice for free. In the end I bought OE height King Springs HD rear springs and eliminated the adjuster hats; the car has not lost one mm of rear ride height since then. I know it is no-longer adjustable in the rear, but there is nothing I can do about that because KW doesn't want to revise their rear spring rates.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Update, looking at older threads these springs are designed to be in contact? I guess...

Well sh$&. That’s what my kw’s are doing, three middle coils in contact static and rear is sitting very low. Who’d you work through to get them replaced, dealer or kw directly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1 of 262
10,315 Posts
Update, looking at older threads these springs are designed to be in contact? I guess...

Well sh$&. That’s what my kw’s are doing, three middle coils in contact static and rear is sitting very low. Who’d you work through to get them replaced, dealer or kw directly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went through KW directly for the rear spring replacement. You may want to ask about a revised spring rate because this is a known problem with GTO KW V3. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts