LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Always Breaking Things
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, I just ordered my KWs from Kiyoshi's yesterday. Kiyoshi's said to pass along the word that prices will be going up significantly starting January 1 due to the weak dollar and increased price of stainless steel.

I got mine for $1611 and that included shipping as they drop shipped from Germany. Unfortunately they bumped the price between now and end of year to $1691. January 1 price is not set, but they estimated several hundred dollars higher than the current price. Sounds like at least a 15-20% increase.

$1691 is still a nice per corner price, so move fast if you're considering the purchase.

As a side note, the Kiyoshi folks were great to work with on this order.

·
Registered
301 Posts
If you are on the fence about getting these...Get them now before the price increase.
I just replaced my pedders suspension with this kit and it's amazing the difference.

The only way to describe is that the car feels really light on its feet.

·
Registered
208 Posts
This is a great upgrade for anybody who wants to track there car.

·
Always Breaking Things
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the confusion Multistrada, that is $1691 total. Per corner = $422. I was lucky enough to get it for $402 per corner.

As a side note, I tried my best to find one negative comment on the KWs quality and long term performance (on multiple boards). Seemed like this purchase was a no brainer with such a competitive price. I'll be excited to see the difference on the road courses this coming season.

·
Lots of oranges=Lots of mods
536 Posts
Two years later and everyone is waking up. All i can say is, I told you so. Best thing since mothers milk. Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I dont know if any of you guys are in the know, but the internals of the KW are Koni. Also combined with the fact that they are two way adjustable, these are extremely well priced for the amount of product you get. Search out Koni DA and you will see what I mean.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Just ordered from Mugen, $1,610 and $60 shipping from Germany. Order is proccessing now. I called them last week or 2 weeks ago so he got the price for me. You didnt have to pay for shipping, though? I guess I'd rather have them straight from Germany than sitting in a warehouse or store. :p They should be here late next week with a delay.

The first price I got from calling around was $1425 and I sat on it over the weekend and ended up talking to a manager on that Monday because the other guy wasnt in and the lowest he would go was $1700+ with a discount for a used car dealership...

Did you get any bushings or anything? Are you installing them yourself?

·
Always Breaking Things
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice and congrats! Mine will hopefully be arriving in the next few days.

To date, the only bushings I've done/replaced are the RR, X-member and differential insert. Folks were dead on in regards to bang for the buck on those bushings. For every day driving, there wasn't that big a difference, other than a bit more responsiveness in steering. I did notice a bigger difference over stock when I took out on the road course. Seems a bit more secure at speed and through the corners.

I will be doing the install for the KWs and I just got a new digital video camera, so hopefully i'll post sections of the install (i'll delete out the cursing and normal screw ups). While i've got the car up, i will be installing SS brakelines and speedbleeders at all four corners.

·
RIP
7,541 Posts
Sorry for the confusion Multistrada, that is $1691 total. Per corner = $422. I was lucky enough to get it for $402 per corner.

As a side note, I tried my best to find one negative comment on the KWs quality and long term performance (on multiple boards). Seemed like this purchase was a no brainer with such a competitive price. I'll be excited to see the difference on the road courses this coming season.
I forget which magazine it was in, but a new Solstice/Sky prototype with only one seat is supposed to have KW suspension in it. If it's good enough for a automaker to put it in a vehicle it's good enough for me. To bad I wasn't able to purchase them for the 07 price. Even with the price increase it's still going to be a great price for what you get.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Ummm....uhhhh.....yea. GM thought the stock GTO struts and shocks were good enough to put in a vehicle. I'm just sayin'....

·
Beer Geek
3,713 Posts
All, I just ordered my KWs from Kiyoshi's yesterday. Kiyoshi's said to pass along the word that prices will be going up significantly starting January 1 due to the weak dollar and increased price of stainless steel.
OMG!! OHNOES!! ONE!!ELEVEN!!ONEONE :rolleyes:

Don't most companies have big sales this time of year?

:secret:

·
1 of 262
10,330 Posts

I got mine for $1611 and that included shipping as they drop shipped from Germany. Unfortunately they bumped the price between now and end of year to $1691. January 1 price is not set, but they estimated several hundred dollars higher than the current price. Sounds like at least a 15-20% increase.

$1691 is still a nice per corner price, so move fast if you're considering the purchase.

As a side note, the Kiyoshi folks were great to work with on this order.
Great price for the best GTO suspension available.

·
Lots of oranges=Lots of mods
536 Posts
I got the first set and paid more than you guys are paying with the price increase. And worst of all I'm just down the road from the U.S. distributor.

·
Always Breaking Things
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's price includes all four corners. Mine came in last week and are beautiful. I'll be doing the install on the first nice/semi warm day and will post pics.

No web site, but here's the contact info:
Schuyler Schickel
Mugen Enterprises
DBA Miyuki Motorsports
Tel: 559-233-2999
Toll Free: 800-311-0824

·
Unicorn
5,018 Posts
How are these with wheel hop?? Does anyone know yet?? I was just on their site and they look pretty sweet

·
1 of 262
10,330 Posts
How are these with wheel hop?? Does anyone know yet?? I was just on their site and they look pretty sweet
I have no wheel hop at all. The whole suspension works beautifully. It's completely balanced and they're super high quality. KW is so good, that they are factory installed on the 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR. I run mine soft in front, stiff in the rear. It's the best GTO suspension you can buy for your car-- lifetime warranty too.

·
Unicorn
5,018 Posts
I have no wheel hop at all. The whole suspension works beautifully. It's completely balanced and they're super high quality. KW is so good, that they are factory installed on the 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR. I run mine soft in front, stiff in the rear. It's the best GTO suspension you can buy for your car-- lifetime warranty too.
Thanks man..I'm gonna pull the trigger on these as soon as I'm done with the engine work..

1 - 20 of 85 Posts