LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after getting a nasty rock chip in my 5 month old foglights, I decided to pickup the Laminx proctective film. I picked up the full set in 'smoke'.
I just finshed putting them on last night and I think the end result is slick on a PBM GTO. The film went on as I expected, a little tricky, but just keep the lenses and film wet and squeege. Here are some pics taken with my camera phone:

The one of the tails was taken in direct sunlight and gives off a purpleish haze in the pic.

·
YOUNG ONE!
599 Posts
so how much does the film hinder your headlights? is it a lot less bright?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Light ouput was slightly diminished when i flipped on the lights around 7pm in my driveway.I didn't have a chance to drive the car in totally darkness last night. I will find out how much light is hindered tonight!

·
YOUNG ONE!
599 Posts
thanks, LOVE the look tho! Get some more pics up man!

·
DFCO ain't working
321 Posts
That does look good. I would be concerned with low-beam output also..

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Awesome, goes perfect iwht your paiint.
Chuch

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As expected, night driving with the Lamin-X film is well, not the best. Low beam output seem like it's cut in half. I felt like Ray Charles driving...I couldn't see jack! The daytime look is amazing though. I'm on the fence on what to do. I don't do much night driving in the goat, but saftey is a big concern here.

I'll take some more pics later this week, once the rain clears!

·
Big Dave
928 Posts
Honestly, i didnt think it cut down on mine as much as nickel seems to. I mean there was a noticable difference, but it was more of a hue and shade than of brightness. it was a darker light and didnt illuminate as well, but i have no worries that it will cause me to get into an accident, it just didnt seem like that severe of a change to me.

·
Porch Dick
20,345 Posts
I agree, be careful if they hinder night-time driving, but the look is good enough to justify dropping some money on a better lighting system to allow you to safely keep the smoke film.

·
GTOless
7,064 Posts
My kit from headlight armor also diminished my night time driving. I drive around with my high beams on if no one else is around. Im going to eventually put my HID's in and see what happens. I might take off the smoke and put some clear ones on to protect the lights.

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
i've seen some HID's and they don't look THAT different so i can't see how they would be TO different on the black tint. nice 80 watt bulbs is what will do the trick

·
GTOless
7,064 Posts
jamesbiz said:
i've seen some HID's and they don't look THAT different so i can't see how they would be TO different on the black tint. nice 80 watt bulbs is what will do the trick
4300k HIDs should be brighter then any regular bulb.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts