LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
late owner of a 2004
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:gr_jest:

We are planning on going to the Lapeer dragway this Sunday morning . we are planning on atleast 5 to 6 hrs there for TEST n TUNE

I think we are planning to be there when it opens.

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Dude no offense, but lapeer is a joke. The track is actually a few feet short of a quarter mile (according to the county) and it's not NHRA/IHRA certified. The starting line sucks ass and the pits are like a trailer park. You'd be better off heading to Mid Michigan Motorplex or Milan (also known as lapeer south for it's less than stellar conditions) where at least they dont have cones marking pot holes in the shutdown area where you'll be doing 100+ mph!

·
late owner of a 2004
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well No offense taken ...since I have never been there....... But it cant be that bad ....I had an old boss that use to run 8 sec Drag cars there all the time so I figured it cant be that bad.

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
It's REALLY bad, BUT it's cheap,close and open. Go there and then goto another track you'll see what your missing :)

·
late owner of a 2004
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I have been to milan back in july..........its just to stinkn far .....I guess I will see.... there are others from here going too so I guess we will all see

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Oh in that case it's a party! I'd go too since I'm in town right now but I've got an all Pontiac car show that day, unless you guys want to come show? :)

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Brian, it's at Twelve Oaks mall in Novi, registration starts at 8:00 am and awards are at 3:00PM. If you come, track me down and say hello :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts