LS1GTO.com Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Banned
12,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings all. With the strength of a number of local car clubs that are mostly made up of late model GTOs, the President of the GTO Association of America Bob Alexander wants the staff to work hard this year to get more of these clubs to affiliate with the Association.

I would appreciate any thoughts, pro or con, in public or via PM, on some of the active clubs here on LS1GTO.com on becoming a part of GTOAA?

Dan,
GTOAA Public Relations

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Dan,

Pat and I have had some discussion regarding CCGTO. Mostly are talks have been about joining the Royalgtos. I believe Pat and I will talk more about this and then present to the rest of the group to get their input.

Our group outings have really grown in numbers this year and everyone really enjoys getting together, so I don't know how everyone feels about becoming more structured. It is kinda cool being an "outlaw group".

Bill Sandusky

·
Member of the 500+ RWHP Club!
2,407 Posts
Dan-E :

the man of GTOAA ...

let me tell ya .. Im a member of PVGTO in springfield,MA great bunch of people and are making new genaration GTO guy welcome for the past few years..

the problem I have is it's 2hr ride to make meeting and GTG.

I would like to see a GTO club in the Boston area or Metrowest area of Mass.

one other thing...I would like to see the logo's of the GTOAA clubs add the new genaration logo to it logo's. somehow or somewhere..this would be a great gestuor for us.

BTW can you make a new banner for me for the next GTOAA in Dayton,OH meet...

thanks
Morty

·
Hey, watch this!
322 Posts
Greetings all. With the strength of a number of local car clubs that are mostly made up of late model GTOs, the President of the GTO Association of America Bob Anderson wants the staff to work hard this year to get more of these clubs to affiliate with the Association.

I would appreciate any thoughts, pro or con, in public or via PM, on some of the active clubs here on LS1GTO.com on becoming a part of GTOAA?

Dan,
GTOAA Public Relations
I believe the Presidents name would be Bob Alexander.

·
I'd rather be scuba diving.
1,842 Posts

·
Omertà
5,284 Posts
Welp, at least he got the "Bob" part right.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
I tried with the Chicago Goat Mob, but too many people don't feel that the GTOAA actually does anything for them to warrant a 45 dollar a year membership fee.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I appreciate you investigating the possibility of a GTOAA chapter in the Chicago area. For the GTOAA chapters, probably one of the best benefits of the $35 per year membership is the 2 mil liability insurance coverage for chapter events. Next year, we'll probably increase the liability coverage to 3 mil and we're not planning to increase the individual membership dues.

Bob A.

·
2,407 Posts
I tried with the Chicago Goat Mob, but too many people don't feel that the GTOAA actually does anything for them to warrant a 45 dollar a year membership fee.
you have two chapters in your area work with one of them and get 2004-06 owner to join ..

I don't think we need to create new chapter just join the ones we have..

Morty

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
I appreciate you investigating the possibility of a GTOAA chapter in the Chicago area. For the GTOAA chapters, probably one of the best benefits of the $35 per year membership is the 2 mil liability insurance coverage for chapter events. Next year, we'll probably increase the liability coverage to 3 mil and we're not planning to increase the individual membership dues.

Bob A.
Believe me, I tried telling them about that. I also tried the angle that we could then have a National event if we wanted to host it. The Majority were in initally, but when it came down to voting, it went the complete opposite way. I feel bad, because when I approached you about this at the 07' Nats, I was pushed to do it by our members who wanted it and then it all fell apart. Maybe one day that will change, but for now....

you have two chapters in your area work with one of them and get 2004-06 owner to join ..

I don't think we need to create new chapter just join the ones we have..

Morty
Morty, don't comment on something you know nothing about. For the record, there is only one group in this area that is a pre-existing GTOAA chapter and there is too many issues for our group to join the other group. But please, if you think its that easy, come to the Chicago area, set it up and get a promise that we will not be treated like second class citizens because the first two numbers in the year of our car do not start with "19".... There is a history there that I'm guessin by your post, you know nothing about.

·
2,407 Posts
Morty, don't comment on something you know nothing about. For the record, there is only one group in this area that is a pre-existing GTOAA chapter and there is too many issues for our group to join the other group. But please, if you think its that easy, come to the Chicago area, set it up and get a promise that we will not be treated like second class citizens because the first two numbers in the year of our car do not start with "19".... There is a history there that I'm guessin by your post, you know nothing about.
Sure I do.. thanks...

This thread start with how can we get the old groups to welcome new goats. or should I say how does GTOAA get new Gen guys and gals to join????

you said start a new group of just new goat owner.. In my opition You should not have to start a new gen group join one thats allready a GTOAA chapter. otherwise your just adding to the problem by seperation

this sounds like a problems that GTOAA can fix... ban them until acceptance. DONE.

too bad you missed this years I would say not a single incident of seperation happened and from what I hear the voting was way up....

Your Bud
Morty

·
1,842 Posts
Step Away from the 484!

·
2,407 Posts

·
1,842 Posts
They mistreat me!

·
Banned
2,522 Posts
i wish it was this easy but i don't think it is. the new gens will never be accepted by the older gen crowd up here and i witnessed it first hand at the Indian uprising event a few weeks ago. there are lots of really nice people to talk to but as soon as i said i have an 06 the conversation went south fast.
this sounds like a problems that GTOAA can fix... ban them until acceptance. DONE.
i was with steve on this endeavor and it was just like he said. i don't know what happened but it was a complete turn around one min there all for it then the next they aren't! i think from the conversations that ive seen on the board and heard, in my opinion the new gen owners here don't think that having a liability ins policy is worth the cost of $35 and year then our clubs cost on top of that. there are a few of us that would like to be part of a club that is affiliated with the gtoaa but i don't see it happening anytime soon.
Believe me, I tried telling them about that. I also tried the angle that we could then have a National event if we wanted to host it. The Majority were in initially, but when it came down to voting, it went the complete opposite way. I feel bad, because when I approached you about this at the 07' Nats, I was pushed to do it by our members who wanted it and then it all fell apart. Maybe one day that will change, but for now....

·
Got the itch...
1,964 Posts
Dan and Mort, I really wish you guys the best in your efforts. I dont even want to guess the reasoning why :quoties:some:quoties: people in :quoties:certain:quoties: chapters feel the way they do... personally there isnt anything worth trying at this time. I would rather be with people who enjoy cars... and it doesnt have to be a GTO for me to respect the car and or the effort put forth by the owner.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
Sure I do.. thanks...

This thread start with how can we get the old groups to welcome new goats. or should I say how does GTOAA get new Gen guys and gals to join????

Your Bud
Morty
No, it wasn't Morty. Dan started this thread to see if current NEW or LATE model GTOs would want to join up with the GTOAA, not new GTOs going into current old GTO clubs. I'll highlight in red on Dan's original post to prove that.

Greetings all. With the strength of a number of local car clubs that are mostly made up of late model GTOs, the President of the GTO Association of America Bob Anderson wants the staff to work hard this year to get more of these clubs to affiliate with the Association.

Dan,
GTOAA Public Relations

Since ls1gto.com is a message board for late model GTO's, one would have to assume that Dan was talking about the clubs on here like GONE, HGH, CGM and what not, that are comprised of new GTOs, to affiliate with the GTOAA.

·
2,407 Posts
No, it wasn't Morty. Dan started this thread to see if current NEW or LATE model GTOs would want to join up with the GTOAA, not new GTOs going into current old GTO clubs. I'll highlight in red on Dan's original post to prove that.

Since ls1gto.com is a message board for late model GTO's, one would have to assume that Dan was talking about the clubs on here like GONE, HGH, CGM and what not, that are comprised of new GTOs, to affiliate with the GTOAA.
Sorry!!!! I thougt that he was looking to get new generation guys to sign up in the exsisting clubs.. thats what we should be doing not segregateing like the old generation are doing now..

I still think the best way to get the old genaration to shit or get off the pot is to infiltrate the club by numbers take over the official spots , prez,vprez,tres....

These that don;t can go to Pontiac/ Oakland club let them deal with the shit..

again I want this as much as you ..

I have been fortunate to have a club that is excepting new generation guys and gals.

you are correct that we need something to get new generation guys to the clubs.. Im still working on this problem....:)

are we still buddies????:bootyshak
i'll argue with you again
Morty

·
got my mojo workin
701 Posts
i cant speak for other gone members but this seems to be a bad idea for a number of reasons and i belong to a gtoaa affiliated club who quite frankly treat new gtos and thier owners like bastard sons. gone dosent need to be anything but what we are a lose confederation of like minded drivers who enjoy are rides and each other ,no dues ,no rules ,no meetings.we set up and support our own shows cruises and races ,so what is the purpose or benifit for gone. it seems like you are on a membership drive to raise$$$$

·
I love my Goat!
5,963 Posts
We here in CT have quite a few GONE members that are part of the CT GTOAA club. They have welcomed us gladly.

Now our task is to get the "classic" GTOs to join some of our cruises and get-togethers. For the first time this year, the Moodus meet does not conflict with a CT GTOAA event.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.