LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanda told me today that my car was unloaded on 3-16, processed on 3-17 and released to the trucking co. to be loaded. I told her I thought it came by train and she said no that it will be trucked to Ohio and I should see it from 1 to 2 weeks! My retirement date is 3-31,and it would be nice to have then, but if not it should be here soon after :bubbrub :bubbrub :bubbrub
The long wait is about over :thumbs:

·
I used ta could
514 Posts
that confirms what I heard about the cars no longer disappearing for a few week in the Kansas rail yard black hole :) :cool: :thumbs:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just called my Dealer and he said that he just received my invoice yesterday and is sending me a fax of it. I guess to put this in perspective its like waiting for the baby and your wife's water just broke! It ain't here yet but it's coming.

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
I just talked to my dealer and she said that a rep from Detroit contacted her and said that all 1,800 GTO's were still waiting to be processed. She said that they wanted to do additional inspections. I should give Wanda a call to see the status of my GTO.

P.S. Don't kill the messenger.

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
I just got off the phone with Wanda. She stated that my vehicle was taken off ship on March 16th and processed on the 17th. It's getting confusing because my dealer said that the vehicles were in San Diego. And Wanda says there in northern California. I'm getting two conflicting stories. Well Wanda says about couple of weeks. Just in time for Spring!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are the GTO's with the A4 box being slapped with the Gas Guzzler Tax?

A quick check of Pontiac's Web site shows 25 Goats within 20 minutes of my house in Central Jersey. Is this a fairy tale from Mother Pontiac? Or have they finally started to release the cars from impound, silently at that?

Any ideas?

·
Comp Eliminator Goat Driver
2,345 Posts
BMG905 said:
Are the GTO's with the A4 box being slapped with the Gas Guzzler Tax?

A quick check of Pontiac's Web site shows 25 Goats within 20 minutes of my house in Central Jersey. Is this a fairy tale from Mother Pontiac? Or have they finally started to release the cars from impound, silently at that?

Any ideas?

BMG905, If the Web Site shows them, then there are there. I got tired of waiting for mine in Colorado, found the same car I wanted in Indiana, got a Broker, bought it, then had it shipped here.

Where in Jersey are you? Anywhere near the Tappan Zee?

·
Monaro - Australian for GTO
80 Posts
I am kinda near the Tappan Zee. Probably about 30 miles south of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tappan Zee and Me

ColoradoGoat said:
BMG905, If the Web Site shows them, then there are there. I got tired of waiting for mine in Colorado, found the same car I wanted in Indiana, got a Broker, bought it, then had it shipped here.

Where in Jersey are you? Anywhere near the Tappan Zee?
Colorado Goat, I'm in Jersey and the Tappan Zee Bridege is about 40 miles north of my location in NewYork State. Not for as the crow flies, but a bitch to get to and across at rush hour. Somewhere between 5 and 10 million people live between me and the bridge, so I don't go that way too often.

Thanks for the 411 on the web inventory vs actual dealer inventory. Signs of Spring are finally beginning to show up, migratory birds returning and trees and grass starting to green up some. This brings a man's attention to two things, new cars and baseball. Summer brings out the short skirts around here.

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Good to see another Jersey boy getting - enjoy it. I have had mine since Mid Jan and spent a lot of time up on the GSP and Rt 18 cruising. The car is a beast.

Steve from the Jersey Shore

·
Monaro - Australian for GTO
80 Posts
BMG905,
There are a few floating around North Jersey. I did a bunch of lokking at NJ dealerships. Couldn't get the price I wanted so I had to go with a broker out of state. I am still finalizing the paperwork for a silver/red M6. What are you looking for? I know of two dealers who have Blue/Blue M6's coming in one for MSRP and for $1000 over MSRP.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
iron_horse31 said:
I just got off the phone with Wanda. She stated that my vehicle was taken off ship on March 16th and processed on the 17th. It's getting confusing because my dealer said that the vehicles were in San Diego. And Wanda says there in northern California. I'm getting two conflicting stories. Well Wanda says about couple of weeks. Just in time for Spring!!!
I have seen a couple of times now where dealers have said that cars are in San Diego. I suspect they are morons that do not understand that San Diego is not the same as San Fransisco Bay.
:slap: :slap:

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
Tails said:
I have seen a couple of times now where dealers have said that cars are in San Diego. I suspect they are morons that do not understand that San Diego is not the same as San Fransisco Bay.
:slap: :slap:
Maybe they get confused because both cities have the word "San" in them?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
iron_horse31 said:
Maybe they get confused because both cities have the word "San" in them?
One can only imagine since the GTO's are actually shipped to Benicia. We are trying to use logic where it probably doesn't apply.
:confused: :confused:

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
Tails said:
One can only imagine since the GTO's are actually shipped to Benicia. We are trying to use logic where it probably doesn't apply.
:confused: :confused:
My bad. Heck I don't even know where Benicia is. Most of my military was spent on Camp Pendleton. The furthest north I got in California was L.A..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts