LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Goatman
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I received my latest issue of HPP in the mail yesterday. It included feedback from their recent cruising in Cali. The test vehicle was an automatic. They listed good driving feedback and power. They also mentioned that this car should have "sick" 60 ft times because the automatic GTO had great weight transfer and would just go. Unfortunately, the car had a special program and would not let them rev past 1500 in drive with the brake on. They were not able to defeat it. Wondering if this affected any of the other mag's drag strip tests?
However, no performance testing was done by them. They got their test stats from their sister publication.

I checked their website, but it still shows last month's issue.

·
Silver Back!
277 Posts
This was my favorite part of the article: "a quick twist of the wrist and the 346ci V-8 sprang to attention. And it promptly belted out an exhaust note I've never personally heard from another stock LS1-equipped vehicle."

Another good article from HPP!

And with Danny raving about his GTO...I am happy I made the choice to order one. Now, I cant wait for mine!

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Just a few updates if I may :) This drive was actually not part of the media drive program, it was an entirely different beast altogether. Had our print time not been so backlogged we would have actually beaten everyone but Motor trend to print with a first drive :) We were able to defeat the TCS problem but we were asked not to test as such, and so we complied. This was the same problem that plagued another magazine test car and they took it to the dyno/strip anyhow, which undeservingly resulted in some not so hot press. Glad you guys liked it, there is more where that came from!

·
I drive slow
57 Posts
GTPprix said:
Just a few updates if I may :) This drive was actually not part of the media drive program, it was an entirely different beast altogether. Had our print time not been so backlogged we would have actually beaten everyone but Motor trend to print with a first drive :) We were able to defeat the TCS problem but we were asked not to test as such, and so we complied. This was the same problem that plagued another magazine test car and they took it to the dyno/strip anyhow, which undeservingly resulted in some not so hot press. Glad you guys liked it, there is more where that came from!
Good inside info, Chris....this is what I like to see:thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts