1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Kernal Sanders
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my time slip from last night
60'-2.009
1/8-8.2 @ 88.14
1/4 -12.637 @111.98 (my best mph was a 112.61 from a non hot lap run)
OK This car has alot more than what I'm getting out of her the MPH tells me that and the 60' in Horrible. I have M/T 270/40 DR Pedder Spring and Bags. I had the tires at around 17-12 psi and the bags around 10 (I now know that I can go up to 25 from my search) I mostly Tried launching from 2800-3400 I would either Bog or spin and hop like crazy. I don't get it. I am doing the knee jerk and throttling down as I release..... the spec clutch is real still and makes it impossible to slip it almost... What the hell do it need to do to cut some sub 1.7 60'. I'm not dropping another dollar into this car until I get some satisfaction. I have a Difftech Drive shaft and 3.91's if that even matters. If I don't find something that works very soon I'm going to run this curse off a cliff...

·
Banned
8,940 Posts
MyGoatBites does a ported throttle body that finesses part-throttle, this might help with modulation. Most people who are seeing sub 1.8's have A4's though, and my set of 17" rims for drag radials were lost by UPS so I haven't yet formally got a timeslip. YMMV.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
you want advice talk with Doc gto he is the M6 guy

otherwise you wanna be like us? get an automatic ;)

·
Kernal Sanders
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish I had a auto... then I wouldn't be going through this hell... ok I think I have found the problem ...jacked the car up.... and the rear sway bar (I think that what it is is not connected.. the top strap things are loose and its out. Would that be my big problem.. I heard a clunking sound from back there when racing...the bar hitting shit I supose.......

·
WELL WELL , WANNA PLAY HUH!
81 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
you want advice talk with Doc gto he is the M6 guy

otherwise you wanna be like us? get an automatic ;)
I wish I could run some 60' times like yours Dblue. Any advice on cam selection? That's my next addon. That and heads.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
AnoxieGTO said:
my time slip from last night
60'-2.009
1/8-8.2 @ 88.14
1/4 -12.637 @111.98 (my best mph was a 112.61 from a non hot lap run)
OK This car has alot more than what I'm getting out of her the MPH tells me that and the 60' in Horrible. I have M/T 270/40 DR Pedder Spring and Bags. I had the tires at around 17-12 psi and the bags around 10 (I now know that I can go up to 25 from my search) I mostly Tried launching from 2800-3400 I would either Bog or spin and hop like crazy. I don't get it. I am doing the knee jerk and throttling down as I release..... the spec clutch is real still and makes it impossible to slip it almost... What the hell do it need to do to cut some sub 1.7 60'. I'm not dropping another dollar into this car until I get some satisfaction. I have a Difftech Drive shaft and 3.91's if that even matters. If I don't find something that works very soon I'm going to run this curse off a cliff...

What Spec do you have? We are not like the A4 guys who can preload the suspension. Our weight transfers quickly and if the rear is too tight then it will spin easier (especially with a clutch that will not slip much). I would say that you need to start with 20lbs in the MTs and 6-8 in the bags and go from there. You do want some squat so it absorbs the weight and puts it over the rear end but not so soft that the springs can't hold the tires to the ground and hop. My best to date is a 1.81 60ft and with more suspension tuning I should get into the 1.7s and not break anything. We are not stalled autos so not many M6s will go faster then 1.7s except a few with big fat drags that have built up the rear drivetrain and launch from 6K . . .

·
Objects in mirror dont matter
3,777 Posts
Got a 1.78 last time to track on Nitto Dr, 275s. I have 3.91s.
I found that with the psi in tires at 17 I was pressing down the tires and rebounding (not wheel hop, just enough to spring em a touch loose).
Getting consistent low 1.80s with 21 in the tires, 16 in the bags. Try it. Launch starting at 3400 and go up until you loose traction. I am leaving at 4k to 4200 on a good prep with this setup now. Doc and I were running together that night, and playing with the drag bag psi.
20/16 working for me! Higher bag pressure than 18 was giving me the tire squish, raised the tires, lowered the bags from 19 and a 1.78 on next run.

·
Kernal Sanders
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Doc GTO said:
What Spec do you have? We are not like the A4 guys who can preload the suspension. Our weight transfers quickly and if the rear is too tight then it will spin easier (especially with a clutch that will not slip much). I would say that you need to start with 20lbs in the MTs and 6-8 in the bags and go from there. You do want some squat so it absorbs the weight and puts it over the rear end but not so soft that the springs can't hold the tires to the ground and hop. My best to date is a 1.81 60ft and with more suspension tuning I should get into the 1.7s and not break anything. We are not stalled autos so not many M6s will go faster then 1.7s except a few with big fat drags that have built up the rear drivetrain and launch from 6K . . .
Spec stage 3 I have pulled 1.8's back in the bolt on days with nitto's..I was just expecting alot better with the bags/springs/MT DR. I'm going to try more bag pressure and see if I can slip the clutch any..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts