LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I previously posted pictures of converted speedometer information screens,

now I got a radio to try it on and it worked. :)

Yes, it’s a real image.
And no, there is no price.

Attachments

·
Don't drink the Kool-Aid...
2,889 Posts
dede said:
I previously posted pictures of converted speedometer information screens,
now I got a radio to try it on and it worked. :)

Yes, it’s a real image.
And no, there is no price.
No price?!! So that means you'll do it for FREE?!!! :gr_jest:

·
Crankcase Oil Formulator
553 Posts
:bs: Nice Photoshop!

Just KIDDING. So is there a hidden menu in the radio to reverse the LCD display? and in the spirit of being a upstanding member of this board would you tell us how to acess it?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Is this like the calculator whereby you just flip over the thin pastic "filter" over the LCD screen to invert it? :)

Oh grade school, how I miss thou.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,958 Posts
Did you invert the software pixel counts, so what was on is now off and was off is now on?

Or is there a different way.

·
Don't drink the Kool-Aid...
2,889 Posts
GrafxWerks said:
Is this like the calculator whereby you just flip over the thin pastic "filter" over the LCD screen to invert it? :)

Oh grade school, how I miss thou.
Yeah that was my guess. I'd read somewhere that this was possible by turning the polarizer layer 90 or 180 degrees, err something like that...??? He said that's not how it's done.
And to answer an earlier post. No, there isn't a setting on the radio or in the DIC to do this.

·
2006 BOM M6
127 Posts
I see no difference, am I missing something?

·
いいえ、それ&#
2,018,218 Posts
I'd really prefer my radio to be green characters on black. I like the cabin as dim as possible when I drive at night. Nice job!

·
Premium Member
82,628 Posts
Must tell how, and yes, I am holding my breath.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Havoc said:
Yeah that was my guess. I'd read somewhere that this was possible by turning the polarizer layer 90 or 180 degrees, err something like that...??? He said that's not how it's done.
And to answer an earlier post. No, there isn't a setting on the radio or in the DIC to do this.
I thought I said you can’t just turn it, you have to replace it. Polarizer is on both sides of LCD and the angle has to be chosen depending on your angle of view of the object.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
GUYS!!!!! it is INVERTED... the LCD display that is!!!! Ours come from the factory with black letters and a green screen.... NOW ITS GREEN LETTERS AND A BLACK SCREEN

1 - 20 of 101 Posts