LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ready Steady GO
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stupid me... recently, i went to get some gas and as i jumped out too quick and my knee bashed my left door speaker and now its cracked. trust me, I was angry. so today i went to a GM dealer and went inside the the PARTS store and asked how much it would cost to buy one. they said $68.00, my eyes started to water and i was like F this. i didnt expect it to be that much.

so guys im wondering, is that how much it really costs or can i get it cheaper somewhere else? maybe someone wants to sell me a used one? it'll give me a chance to meet some of you gto owners :) if nothing else...im going to have to buy it once i get my paycheck

·
not a pontiac its a HOLDEN !!
8,787 Posts
contact dms , or fred bean on the left both GM dealers

ebay youll prob end up costing more , and youll prob have to buy a door panel , i havent seen door grills , shipping is gonna cost on a door panel

·
not a pontiac its a HOLDEN !!
8,787 Posts
i forgot about them , its worth a shot

but i would check the price with both dealers first , then check with them

this way you can weigh the cost of used versus new

·
2.3L of turboness
292 Posts
same thing just happened to me, i was getting out and the wind blew my door into my knee. Next thing i know CRACK, at first i didn't think it was actually cracked, more like the some of the glue around it unsettled, but to my surprise i saw a little bit punched in, terrible plastic quality, i hardly felt it hit me.

·
Might wanna knock first...
4,355 Posts
yeah i did the same to mine when I closed the door on my foot.

·
18,228 Posts
Can you fix it up with some black perforated/expanded metal (replace, don't jimmy-rig it, lol)? Kind of like aftermarket speaker grills...Would have to do both sides, but IMO this would look nice!

·
More then you can afford Pal
433 Posts
Haha The same thing happen to Me........ Guess it should be a recall on it for a Steel Plate are something but I know I ait paying 70dallors for a Cover.... Well anyway let me know if you find a cheaper place to get one....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts