LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new here so be nice :p

I was wondering what type of leg room its going to have. I read somewhere that it has "ample" room for 6 footers, but since im 6' 5'' is there any hope for me or am I doomed to the life of trucks forever, althought i really have no complaints about my f150 hd

thanks.

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
Here are the specs for interior room

Interior
Seating capacity (front / rear): 2 / 2
Head room (in / mm):
Front seat:
37.3 / 947
Rear seat:
37.3 / 947
Leg room (in / mm):
Front seat:
42.2 / 1072
Rear seat:
37.1 / 942
Shoulder room (in / mm):
Front seat:
59.7 / 1515
Rear seat:
51.7 / 1312
Hip room (in / mm):
Front seat:
58.0 / 1472
Rear seat:
50.2 / 1275

·
Official Dragon Straightner
6,438 Posts
Vtav,

I think got you beat. I am 6'8".

I have been able to get very comfortable in a Intrigue and an Impala.
By rocking the power seat bottom up and the seatback backwards.
My IROC offers 43.5" of legroom and 37" of headroom.
I am comfortable in that car even though it doesn't have a power seat. Would like more thigh support though.
The 37.3" of headroom might be more of a prob than the legroom.
I am hoping that it doesn't have a raked windhield and a low winshield header.
Was never able to get really comfortable in a 4th gen fbody, but 3rd gens are fine.

Was not that comfortable in a catera I sat in. Hope the GTO will be a little better.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I don't have the link but someone that was 6' 2" sat in one and said that he was comfortable but there was not much extra room.

I keep copious notes in my notebook.

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Was in Australia back in May and sat inside a Monaro. I am 6"4" and I had plenty of leg room. There even was room for someone to sit behind me with the seat all the way back, barely fitting. Looking at the specs in the Pontiac training consultants reference guide it looks like legroom is the same as a 2004 Grand Prix.

GTO / GP

leg room, front 42.2 / 42.2
hip room, front, 57.9 / 54.5
head room, front 37.3 / 38.8
shoulder room, front 59.6 / 58.0

I would say if you go and sit in a GP you will get a good feel for how you will fit in a GTO, you lose a little head room but other than that they are the same or the GTO is a little bigger.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
6' 2" and didnt have much room left makes me wonder. Ill go sit in a GP and see how that works out.

·
Official Dragon Straightner
6,438 Posts
You never know how each manufacturer measures.
Volkswagon says the Passat has 41.5" of legroom,. Road and Track says it has 45". It feels like 45".

You also have to take into account the angle of the windshield.
If it is really raked back then the header will be near you forehead blocking overhead stoplights.

Also the rearview mirror will be mounted lower and will block forward vision.

·
Registered
189 Posts
In my legroom comparison of the GTO and Grand Prix both numbers are from the same source, Pontiac's official 2004 sales consultants reference guide so I would hope they were both measured the same. Also having been in both (or at least in a Monaro) I could say they are about the same when it comes to room in the drivers seat. Unless Pontiac radically changed the Monaro drivers seat the GP will give you a good idea of how you fit into a GTO. Remember Australians are fairly tall people and they designed the car to fit themselves long before Pontiac saw the vision and came up with the GTO idea. I have trouble fitting into any import from the far east but the average person there is much shorter than the average Australian.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts