LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Christian Goat
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well just got the GTO tuned after a month long fiasco of locked computers and previous owners. I'm happy to report the tuning went great and the guys at LEP are second to none! Garth is willing to sit down, discuss goals, discuss prices, and troubleshoot if need be. I was thoroughly impressed with the range of cars in his busy shop and have attended a few events his shop put on in the past. I really care about a shop's reputation and since a few people have had nothing but good things to report, I jumped on one of LEP's tuning specials. They would love to get into the GTO community and build up some more beasts! Hint: There's a maggied GTO in there now putting down 5xx to the wheels! So try out the shop, you won't be disappointed. :pimp:

Here are my results. The car has great driveability, no knocking, dyno & street tuned, and WOT is teh sex. A little hard on the wallet, but you get so used to pulling from 2000-6000rpm. I can finally throw down a big scratch into 3rd. I can't be happier with the tune.

Gained 21hp/14tq and plenty under the curve with only these mods: AEM intake, JBA shorties, OEM midpipes, Magnaflow Catback. Not bad for 103F and 12% humidity. Very impressed with the A/F too.

Here's the forums I was referencing above:
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193919
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194578
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233650

Attachments

·
Christian Goat
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I hope to go to Cars and Coffee tomorrow morning. You gonna get up that early? I'LL RUN YOU DOWN NOW!!! mu-hahah

·
5g33k8.t..c
286 Posts
oohh now we really need to run again lolll
edit
this the place?
Join us every Saturday from 7:00am to 10:00am at 9500 S Eastern Ave in the Sansone Park Place shopping center (215 and Eastern). Come out and support Las Vegas' own weekly car meet, make some new friends, hang out for awhile, and see some amazing cars.

·
Registered
111 Posts
My car needs a tune in the worst way. I also have a friend that just bought an '06 with cam, Volant, Kooks, catless mids, I think SLP cat-backs, Fast 92, Heads, and I think something else. It was tuned for 93 octane and he needs to get it set for Vegas fuel.

So, is there any other people that are wanting to go get this done? Maybe we can make it into a Dyno-Day and get a bulk rate discount?

·
The Situation
3,358 Posts

·
Christian Goat
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My car needs a tune in the worst way. I also have a friend that just bought an '06 with cam, Volant, Kooks, catless mids, I think SLP cat-backs, Fast 92, Heads, and I think something else. It was tuned for 93 octane and he needs to get it set for Vegas fuel.

So, is there any other people that are wanting to go get this done? Maybe we can make it into a Dyno-Day and get a bulk rate discount?
Yep that's exactly what would happen. I've gotten several PMs from guys with vettes and GTOs that would like to check out the shop. Ask da beast how my tune ran, I'm startin to pull on him now. Watch out! haha:turbonaug

·
Not Just The Car!
1,293 Posts

That's Snoddy right? He has Magnaflow exhaust. He was over today for slowguy's header install.

·
What a rush
29 Posts
How do I get in touch with LEP and where are they located? I am new to Vegas from Miami and looking to install a procharger and get a good tune.

·
Spirit of Detroit
986 Posts
Who did the tune for you? I will be putting headers and exhaust on my goat soon and would like to get this done..

·
Christian Goat
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally got a cam in the car. The price was right and the timing was perfect. Comp 224/230 581/592 114LSA+2. Sounds awesome and drives like stock. No surging yet.

Mods: AEM intake, JBA shorties, JBA mids no cats, magnaflow exhaust.

Here's the SAE graph, but the STD graph was another 10hp higher! :turbonaug

Attachments

·
More Cruiser than Bruiser
874 Posts
I have to throw in the "Holy ancient thread, Batman!" but I kid, I kid. :D

·
Original Owners & 100K Club
2006 Monaro VZ Clone
805 Posts
:eek:hsnap1:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts