LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, I never introduced myself formally on the forum. My name is Doug and I'm from sunny(currently rainy) South Florida. I previously owned a pretty modded stock turbo'd SRT-4. Before that a Porsche boxter, and I still currently own a 02 Pathfinder(daily driver) and a 200SX SE-R. The 200SX is pretty modded at just over 400whp. My SRT-4 was at about 300whp and now I own my first V8. I could never figure out what the obsession was with these cars until owning one. It is truly a joy to own every day I drive it.

I purchased my Goat on July 3. It's a Torrid red/black M6. I've been lurking the Forums for the past month before posting much. I have alot to learn as I feel like I know nothing now when it comes to these cars. I will try and do my part to help out the forum with sharing things as I go along. I'm also pretty knowledgable with purchasing/selling cars as well as I have worked at a local GM dealership as a Sales Manager/Finance director for about 7-8 years now, so any assistance I can provide just let me know. Anyway, enough of the introductions already!!

I went to they dyno today with my GTO. I wanted to get a baseline run in before modding the car at all. My first run was 295.8rwhp and 313.8rwtq. I was very happy. I drove a half an hour to the dyno and immediately strapped it down and made a pass. For the next run we decided to put a fan on the car and let it cool down for 30 min or so. The results were very pleasing at 299.1rwhp and 313.6rwtq. See dyno below:

We made the last past after letting the car cool for another 30 min or so. I was very pleased to crack the 300 mark. The hp checked in at 302.7rwhp and 321.1rwtq. Pablo, the dyno operator, did not put the a/f reading on this chart, but it was the same as the previous run. See dyno below:

That's pretty much it. I'll be heading back to the dyno either next week or the week after. I have the SLP MAF on order and it will be here tomorrow. I also preordered SLP's "powerflow exhaust system", however Joey from SLP mentioned it won't be available till late Aug or early Sept. The next trip to the dyno after the MAF will be to dyno the CS pipe and MPD airbox. Anyway, you may hear back from me as early as next week. My GM also purchased a GOAT and said the only mod he will be doing is SLP's heads and cam kit. Well guess what arrived via UPS ground today. :hail: SLP. We pulled the PCM and shipped it out to FAST chips today. We hope to have it up and running by friday. If there are no complications, I've been ordered to take it to the dyno. Poor me :p . Anyway, sorry for the long post. I'm glad to be a member of the community and will keep you all updated on our progress.

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
Sorry for the long post?!?! Heck, are you kidding??? Thanks for the long post! We hope to hear more about your Goat as well as your GM's! (Yeah, I've got a mouse in my pocket...)

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me tell you how nice the heads from SLP. I'm actually off for the next 2 days but I may have to make a trip into work to get some photos for you guys. Thanks for the warm welcome.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Welcome to the board. :cool:

I was just in Tampa and Clearwater Sunday/ Monday to Pick up my grandson.
All it did the whole time from landing to take off was rain.

Took him to the Florida Aquarium to kill time before our flight home.( very nice)
I was hoping to see a few GTO'S runnin around but none to be seen.
The dyno reports are nice to see.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My buddy's A4 only dyno'd at 259.1rwhp 1 week before. Come to find out he had something wrong with the throttle cable which prevented it from opening all the way. We'll re-dyno to see where his "real" numbers are.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Welcome to the fun that never ends.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Have you received the CS pipe yet? When did you order it?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MLC- I have 1285 miles on the clock and am still running dino oil. Are you guys swithing over at this point? I have noticed quite a few of you changing it at the 1000 mile point.

sxty8goats- I ordered my pipe about a week ago. I ordered the MPD box on the same day. I don't know when they are going to get here though, I heard kramar say they were doing new molds and it might take a little longer than usual. Good news is I just got a phone call saying my SLP maf was in. If it didn't get here so darn late I'd be back at the dyno.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Welcome Doug,
The information that you provide is awesome!!! I would say that we Dig you but you are already Doug.
:drink::drink:

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I switch my oil to mobil 1 @ 800 miles. It varies widely as to what people are doing.

I dyno'd and got 298 with mobil 1 and speed inc intake tube. Your getting good results for stock.

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
hey, welcome. i'll be really interested to see what the Maf tube and air box are going to do. there's been a lot of discussion but i haven't seen any dyno #s yet and i'm thinking that's the first mod i'm going to do (the wife won't know i'm doing it) :)

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tails- too funny bro..
mlc- I'm going to switch out to mobil 1 tomorrow. I assume 5w30 is ok?
svede1212- I hear ya. It wasn't cheap for that little combo either. At 295 for the box and 175 for the pipe I'm still feeling it if you know what I mean. It looks like a good idea in theory and I don't mind spending the money on the car. I promise dyno results as soon as I get them. I've been using the same dyno for over 5 years now and live only 12-15 miles away. I'm there helping on dyno days for nissan guys and dodge guys alike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts