LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive sewrched high and low on this site and found some good info. But unfortunately some of the motor mounts atent available anymore.

So whats everyones go to? Ive read rev shift ones like to break... Hinson mounts look good but, so do whitelines... Share your opinions!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have just bought some used Tuffmounts , Aussie company ( https://www.tuffmounts.com.au/ ) Quality looks pretty good build quality wise, just thought I would mention them just to suggest another alternative for you. I haven't fitted them yet as I am going to wait till I need to. My standard mounts are still good even with 670 horse testing them.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Never heard of revshift breaking. Only ones I would run. Zero issues with fitment for either set of longtubes Ive ran. And on of the few companies that make a matching trans mount.

·
Premium Member
2006 GTO IBM 6 Speed
804 Posts
The previous owner of my car installed Hinson engine and trans mounts. They're a bit too harsh for my taste was going to switch to Revshift. I haven't seen them break but I haven't really searched.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Never heard of revshift breaking. Only ones I would run. Zero issues with fitment for either set of longtubes Ive ran. And on of the few companies that make a matching trans mount.
My issue with searching on here sometimes is that some of the posts are 10 or more years old lol. So I do what to believe ir wiGhts made anymore.

What rev shift ones are you running? I have a (new gm) stock trans mount with their Poly insert and don't mind it. I'd even entertain going for their actual trans mount

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
My issue with searching on here sometimes is that some of the posts are 10 or more years old lol. So I do what to believe ir wiGhts made anymore.

What rev shift ones are you running? I have a (new gm) stock trans mount with their Poly insert and don't mind it. I'd even entertain going for their actual trans mount

Bought my first set 10 years ago. I always do the street/stripe version.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Is Revshift only on facebook? I've seen some of their parts on tuner websites but don't see a dedicated website. Thanks.
No, they have a website. Ive ordered from there before
But i dont particularly like their design for motor mounts. Their mounts arent interlocked. Its just Polly holding your motor in lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Are the vette mounts any different? They dont look it. Other than price.
Top pic is C5, bottom is pedders both are liquid filled. C5 has that extra stem on one side the pedders is cut off on one side. The pedders mounts are made by a Australian company called mackay seems you can’t buy mounts from pedders anymore but you can still find mackay Monaro mounts on eBay.
Black Gas Office equipment Font Metal

Helmet Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Audio equipment

·
Registered
101 Posts
Top pic is C5, bottom is pedders both are liquid filled. C5 has that extra stem on one side the pedders is cut off on one side. The pedders mounts are made by a Australian company called mackay seems you can’t buy mounts from pedders anymore but you can still find mackay Monaro mounts on eBay. View attachment 519931
View attachment 519932
Are you pretty much stock? Im juat looking to tighten up the car a bit. I mean id do stock mounts again. But for like 30 more bucks i could spring for the whitelines. This is where im stuck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Are you pretty much stock? Im juat looking to tighten up the car a bit. I mean id do stock mounts again. But for like 30 more bucks i could spring for the whitelines. This is where im stuck.
Pedders bushings all around and pedders gas struts. Hinson 1 piece drive shaft. Kooks Header no cats with a tune. K&N intake ( upgrading to duspeed) and Stock engine internals.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Pedders bushings all around and pedders gas struts. Hinson 1 piece drive shaft. Kooks Header no cats with a tune. K&N intake ( upgrading to duspeed) and Stock engine internals.
The Hinson mounts tighten the car up a bit but not worth the added vibration imo, if possible would replace is the steering rack bushing to tighten up the car it’s only about 20$ and it was worth it for me.

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,753 Posts
They are the most expensive option out there, but Torque Master is the way to go. I replaced a set of Ultra Mounts with them and the vibrations are basically gone, but the motor is still solid.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The Hinson mounts tighten the car up a bit but not worth the added vibration imo, if possible would replace is the steering rack bushing to tighten up the car it’s only about 20$ and it was worth it for me.
Yhe steering rack bushings are currently in the cart lol. Im waiting on my lovells rear springs then im ordering koni inserts for the fromt along with lovells springs. Ive replaced pretty much every bushing front and rear with whiteline Poly. So maybe ill save my self some cash and just go back to stock mounts.

·
GR-RRR!
8,313 Posts
I've had Hinsons on the orange car for quite a while. I recently switched from stock height to 3/8" shorter. I've never found the drivetrain vibrations to be a whole lot different than stock. The suspension bushings made more of a noticeable change than the engine mounts ever did.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've had Hinsons on the orange car for quite a while. I recently switched from stock height to 3/8" shorter. I've never found the drivetrain vibrations to be a whole lot different than stock. The suspension bushings made more of a noticeable change than the engine mounts ever did.
I feel like i get some excessive engine movement. I can feel it in the trans. And i have a brand new gm trans mount with the poly insert. Plus all new bushings in the rear end including diff mount. And all new bushings in the front end. I mean the car has 136k on it. So im just gpi g theough and replacing what i can here and there. I do have a 1 piece driveshaft, and get some vibration from that. So im trying to be picky anout what i get for motor mounts.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts