LS1GTO Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

GR-RRR!
I feel like i get some excessive engine movement. I can feel it in the trans. And i have a brand new gm trans mount with the poly insert. Plus all new bushings in the rear end including diff mount. And all new bushings in the front end. I mean the car has 136k on it. So im just gpi g theough and replacing what i can here and there. I do have a 1 piece driveshaft, and get some vibration from that. So im trying to be picky anout what i get for motor mounts.
The one piece driveshaft is probably more the source of any vibration you feel regardless of the motor mounts or transmission mounts.

The orange car has Hinson 3/'8" shorter motor mounts and I have a GM transmission mount with the RevShift insert and a Harrop cover in back with all suspension bushings being poly except for the strut top bushings which are Pedders high durometer rubber. On to top of that I have it lowered with Lovells springs with Koni adjustable shots (most often set to full soft) and sure it has more NVH than stock but not a lot. Very, very little of the increase, if any, is coming from the engine/trans. And I can compare it directly to a car with full stock mounts and suspension bushings in the 04 I bought back in June. Well, I guess I added rear cradle poly bushings and a GForce differential mount recently because one of the cradle bushings was torn. Anyway, my point is drivetrain vibration on both is pretty much the same. Both have stock 2-piece driveshafts. I get more buzz from the aftermarket shifters than just about anything.

Registered
The one piece driveshaft is probably more the source of any vibration you feel regardless of the motor mounts or transmission mounts.

The orange car has Hinson 3/'8" shorter motor mounts and I have a GM transmission mount with the RevShift insert and a Harrop cover in back with all suspension bushings being poly except for the strut top bushings which are Pedders high durometer rubber. On to top of that I have it lowered with Lovells springs with Koni adjustable shots (most often set to full soft) and sure it has more NVH than stock but not a lot. Very, very little of the increase, if any, is coming from the engine/trans. And I can compare it directly to a car with full stock mounts and suspension bushings in the 04 I bought back in June. Well, I guess I added rear cradle poly bushings and a GForce differential mount recently because one of the cradle bushings was torn. Anyway, my point is drivetrain vibration on both is pretty much the same. Both have stock 2-piece driveshafts. I get more buzz from the aftermarket shifters than just about anything.
This is the type of info im looking for. My nvh is pretty minimal with the 1 piece honestly. I really only notice it in 3rd gear around 30 mph.
When i went full Poly (minus my strut mounts) which are the same as yours just a different brand.... I was fully expecting the car to ride pretty terrible. But to my surprise, it was the same. Just a little bit tighter than the 136k stock bushings lol. I also get some good buzz from what i believe is a b and m shifter. Im not too sure. It came with the car
So that being said im used to some nvh, and my motor mounts are definatly bad. So ill definatly look into the Hinson mounts.

Premium Member
2006 GTO IBM 6 Speed
They are the most expensive option out there, but Torque Master is the way to go. I replaced a set of Ultra Mounts with them and the vibrations are basically gone, but the motor is still solid.

These look good. I'm not sure if Revshift is failsafe but these say they are.

Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO
I have had the Hinson stock height motor mounts and their trans mount and there wasn鈥檛 much of a change with the cars vibration when the motor was stock. When I built the motor and put a rowdy cam in, the vibration is very noticeable. It doesn鈥檛 bother me enough to worry about changing but it is something to note. Depending on your plans and what you prefer, take that in consideration.

Registered
Do revshifts break? I just put the black engine and trans mounts in like 1k miles ago and I love them. I even have a 1 piece driveshaft and the car is smooooth. Lil bit of vibration from the mounts but definitely tolerable for a daily

Registered
Do revshifts break? I just put the black engine and trans mounts in like 1k miles ago and I love them. I even have a 1 piece driveshaft and the car is smooooth. Lil bit of vibration from the mounts but definitely tolerable for a daily
Never heard of any of them breaking. But I run poly, so I'd expect the rubber to not last as long. But nothing lasts forever and not addressing other parts can always break something quicker.

The Entenmann's Shim-Sham

Registered
2006 GTO Salsa Red Metallic 6M
I am running the Hinson 3/8" shorter mounts now.
I installed them when I swapped the motor and honestly they do not feel much worse than stock.
The only time I can tell the difference is when I lug the car at idle in second gear. (it sounds odd but that is what works best for me in parking lots)
The rest of the driveline is stock drive shaft (rebuilt), new but Stock Tranny mount with window glaze mod, stock differential mount with no insert YET.

The rest of the chassis bushing are all stock with the exception of the radius rod bushing (Whiteline)
They will all get replaced as time and money allows.

For the record I am a Whiteline fan, I used a lot of their stuff back in my old Subaru Days and intend to on the GTO.

Reactions: OweGto

Registered
I have a set of revshift mounts in my 05, I think it's their green street version. Been on the car for about 30k and no issues so far. Also have their trans mount but couldn't take the increase in nvh with it so swapped the original one back in.

Registered
The only reason i may not go with the rev shifts afe that they arent a full stud through the poly. And knowing my luck theyll just shear off and the motor will flop around. Thats why i like yhe idea of the hinsons.

And as fod the rev shifts breaking whem i was searching the forum i ran into a good handfull of people that have broken them. Not sude what the mods were (if any) but they broke because theyre not bonded or whatever they call it.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts