LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
king of the castle....
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont see many people doing these. I've had these in other modded cars of mine where they seemed to be all the rage. What gives here? Nobody make em? Or nobody makes good ones? Im not looking for crazy 4lb alum models. Does anybody know what the stocker weighs? And maybe what a billet steel one may weigh? thanks guys!

·
Objects in mirror dont matter
3,777 Posts
More drag racers here than road racers. Post a question about it in the road racer sub-forum. Lots of LS1/2 light flywheels available. Great for throttle response and lowering inertial dampening. Not so great if ya wanna launch that 4000 pound sucker at the dragstrip.

·
Banned
5,086 Posts
there is alot of billet steel wheels that are 18lbs instead of the 26 or so the stocker weighs..but with this heavy car i would not recommend going with a lightweight aluminum it wont last to long..but they do make a few of them just have to look around..

·
king of the castle....
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks. Good point made. I definitely noticed alot different clutch engagement feel after my last flywheel was installed in a former car. It shaved soemthing like ten lbs of weight from the stocker! On a side note I really like how you can actually here a difference when reving the car. A nice cam/pulley/lightened flywheel should sound sick in one of these motors.

·
Because race car
2,835 Posts
I thought I remember seeing that the stocker is around 50lbs and the LS7 is around 58 lbs....

Can anyone back me up on this?

·
Waiting for GF4
2,942 Posts
I did the aluminum flywheel with my spec stage 2+ needless to say I know have the LS7 setup which is back to a steel one. I was not happy with it, but also had trouble with the spec to really get a good feel for it. I can tell you that after going back to the steel flywheel I was happier, car feels better and runs better. If you want to take the car to the drag strip steel is the way to go IMO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts