LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had gone to LED setups in place of standard incandescents for the turn signal flashers or reverse or stop lights?

EDITED TEMP BY DY

I have LED stop/brake lights already but I would like to replace all the external bulbs with them to make the car look a little more modern and expensive. I plan on replacing the LED lights I already have with ones from this site if/when I go through with it.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
OT: found something I was thinking about

Thank you... I was wanting to look for green interior light to replace the dome light to make it match the floor lighting... this place has them. When I need white light I will use the map lights.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked @ the SilverStar signals but didn't like em. From the right angle they still show amber. What I find interesting about the LED site I posted is that they have forward and sideways facing LEDs in their clusters so as to illuminate the reflector. I also realized last night why the LED taillights I already have didn't turn out that great - they illuminate red, but I should have purchased ones that illuminate white since the lens is already red. Just wasn't thinking @ the time, I guess.

·
2,432 Posts
phobos512 said:
I looked @ the SilverStar signals but didn't like em. From the right angle they still show amber. What I find interesting about the LED site I posted is that they have forward and sideways facing LEDs in their clusters so as to illuminate the reflector. I also realized last night why the LED taillights I already have didn't turn out that great - they illuminate red, but I should have purchased ones that illuminate white since the lens is already red. Just wasn't thinking @ the time, I guess.
I know what you mean. In the car isn't the same as in the package at the store though. When they are in the car they usually look purple to blue. At times it looks like a orange haze on the purple. It's very cool.

The leds look like crap in the car during the day. The led's themselves look fine, but the plastic packaging they are held in is bad. But, the leds look awesome at night and when they are actually on. Plus they will last forever.

So it's kind of a looking good during day versus at night. Or looks versus functionality.

I was thinking of leaving the Silverstars up front and putting the leds in back. It's a lot harder to actually see the leds in the back during the day.

That's my 2 cents and some change.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
phobos512 said:
I have LED stop/brake lights already but I would like to replace all the external bulbs with them to make the car look a little more modern and expensive. I plan on replacing the LED lights I already have with ones from this site if/when I go through with it.
Do you have any pictures (day/night) of your led lights, phobos?

Maybe a link to the web sight?

I'd be interested in seeing what they look like. :)

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm single and don't have anyone to push the pedal while I take a pic so I don't have a good way of doing that, but I just had an idea so I will be back in a bit...

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
READYtoROCK said:
Do you have any pictures (day/night) of your led lights, phobos?

Maybe a link to the web sight?

I'd be interested in seeing what they look like. :)
I guess I broke a cardinal rule because no link I've ever posted was made to disappear before. Hmm...

I'm trying to put together a short video. I'll put it someplace and link to it once it's done. Current daytime version (is crappy) is about 4MB but I'm just gonna put the night version. As much as I thought the lights that I already have are crappy, you can see them from far below the plane of the light clearly in the video I have, and that's with the sun shining on them directly, so maybe they aren't as bad as I thought. I still want better ones tho.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
phobos512 said:
I guess I broke a cardinal rule because no link I've ever posted was made to disappear before. Hmm...

I'm trying to put together a short video. I'll put it someplace and link to it once it's done. Current daytime version (is crappy) is about 4MB but I'm just gonna put the night version. As much as I thought the lights that I already have are crappy, you can see them from far below the plane of the light clearly in the video I have, and that's with the sun shining on them directly, so maybe they aren't as bad as I thought. I still want better ones tho.
Pictures, video, anything! I think LED lights would look really cool!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts