LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an 05 gto and it’s been going into “limp mode” lately. I’ve reading about the pedal sensor and or the throttle position sensor which is built into the throttle body in the 05s. Can’t find anywhere sell the pedal with the sensor anywhere. Does anyone have any for sell or know another problem it may be? Yes I had it scanned and it came up with TPS and pedal sensor. I’ve check the bcm I believe it’s called in back of the glove nick and the harness is fine and no wires are showing.

·
Worthless reject member
40,376 Posts
Rockauto shows it has both the pedal position sensor and reman throttle bodies in stock.

It could also just be a loose connection to the TB or accelerator pedal.

·
Administrator
8,294 Posts
05-06 throttle (pedal) position sensors have been discontinued/obsolete for years.

You have to search hard to find a NOS one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ve noticed that it’s been obsolete for years. What could I do you what I’m saying? Lol like is there a way.

·
Worthless reject member
40,376 Posts
Oddly enough part numbers for our cars that previously have shown discontinued or not available in the past have sometimes become available again, either under a new part number from GM or by an aftermarket company.

What i posted above is the new acdelco part # that i pulled up, though. Maybe OP will get lucky. Most of the GM parts online stores that i've looked that part number up on don't say that it's discontinued, and let you add it to a cart.

·
Worthless reject member
40,376 Posts
If all else fails, you can order a commodore pedal assembly (if you can find one from australia) and swap the board. The circuit boards are identical, although the pedals themselves are not.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I recently bought an 05 gto and it’s been going into “limp mode” lately. I’ve reading about the pedal sensor and or the throttle position sensor which is built into the throttle body in the 05s. Can’t find anywhere sell the pedal with the sensor anywhere. Does anyone have any for sell or know another problem it may be? Yes I had it scanned and it came up with TPS and pedal sensor. I’ve check the bcm I believe it’s called in back of the glove nick and the harness is fine and no wires are showing.
Can you read the position in real time?

·
Worthless reject member
40,376 Posts
no, that pedal isn't even for a GM.

go on ebay.com.au, type in holden commodore VZ accelerator pedal.

here is an example.

the circuit board is the same as the GTO's. it can be removed.

refer to this thread on how.

now, as for the GM part number

do a google search for 92510118.

i keep checking rock auto and it says it's available... and then it doesn't. who knows what's going on there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

go

go on ebay.com.au, type in holden commodore VZ accelerator pedal.

here is an example.

the circuit board is the same as the GTO's. it can be removed.

refer to this thread on how.

now, as for the GM part number

do a google search for 92510118.

i keep checking rock auto and it says it's available... and then it doesn't. who knows what's going on there.
thank you for you’re help. I’ll keep an eye out and see what i can figure out.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts