LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The August 04 Motor Trend has a really interesting "Tuners" short write-up of the base 450 hp LPE GTO, (12.6 and 113.5 1/4 mile) that also outlines suspension, wheel, tire, brake and other engine mods. available. Worth reading. It mentions a 130 hp supercharger package, not tested. Anyone have any dyno #s or updates on the Magnuson or other s/c mods like the Arrowhead Performance car? I can see the coming s/c vs. normally aspirated wars, which make us all winners.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
The Magnuson is listed as ~124RWHP...Search the threads, the truth is out there....

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
Those 1/4 mile times and speed should be about right. The car has 100 hp over stock
and rule of thumb says gain a tenth for every 10 hp added.

·
Ph.D. in R.E.
407 Posts
phobos512 said:
The Magnuson is listed as ~124RWHP...Search the threads, the truth is out there....
Eaton/Whipple has a twin screw supercharger kit in the works for the LS1. It's got better adibiatic efficiency than the Eaton/Magnacharger. The lightning guys are swapping their stock superchargers for these things, so there might be something to it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lingenfelter Supercharger in two weeks

I just gave lingenfelter a check for new exhaust, trans, and supercharger which is putting out 120 horses (at the rear wheels) should boost the goat to over 500 horses. Can't wait! :eek2:

JRM346 said:
The August 04 Motor Trend has a really interesting "Tuners" short write-up of the base 450 hp LPE GTO, (12.6 and 113.5 1/4 mile) that also outlines suspension, wheel, tire, brake and other engine mods. available. Worth reading. It mentions a 130 hp supercharger package, not tested. Anyone have any dyno #s or updates on the Magnuson or other s/c mods like the Arrowhead Performance car? I can see the coming s/c vs. normally aspirated wars, which make us all winners.

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
How big a check, toomuch? Too much? (Sorry, couldn't resist!) Seriously, though - what are they charging and where's the work being done?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Toomuch:

Keep us posted. U can't have too much. What kind of trans. mods and exhaust??

·
Ex SHO owner
316 Posts
Lingenfelter may cost more, but look what you get. Runs on pump gas, some of the highest HP available, and proven reliability. You get what you pay for.

I cannot wait for my wife to get out of college so I can get my GTO.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok, Magnea Charger intercooled supercharger, sized fuel injectors, fuel system upgrades, port and polished throttle body, New LPE emblems, dyno testing before and after, 160 degree thermostat, LPE cold air induction system, Corsa Pro series touring exhaust system, LPE coil covers, LPE floor mats, Yank 2800 stall torque converter. $11,000! Yes it's steep but just as "aspect" said you pay for what you get. LPE in my opinion is about the best in the country when it comes to LS1 upgrades. Trust me I am pumped up like crazy, wouldn't you be? I am taking to them on the 6th Aug. Sweeeeeeeet! :)

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
ask them to release the freakin intake to the rest of us lol.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Absolutely incredible specs. IMO money well invested. Sounds like it will be very strong. Please tell us more when you get your car. I am currently running a MagnaCharger A4 with stock throttle body, intake and exhaust. It gets a stronger dyno tune next week and it is an absolute blast to drive.

·
Ex SHO owner
316 Posts
I forgot to add, some of the most knowlegable and friendly staff with great customer service. (As I have read and heard. But I could always be wrong. ;) )

·
3,327 Posts
Aspect said:
I forgot to add, some of the most knowlegable and friendly staff with great customer service. (As I have read and heard. But I could always be wrong. ;) )
There is no doubt about that. You get what you pay for with them. But you do have to pay. :D

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
toomuch said:
Ok, Magnea Charger intercooled supercharger, sized fuel injectors, fuel system upgrades, port and polished throttle body, New LPE emblems, dyno testing before and after, 160 degree thermostat, LPE cold air induction system, Corsa Pro series touring exhaust system, LPE coil covers, LPE floor mats, Yank 2800 stall torque converter. $11,000! Yes it's steep but just as "aspect" said you pay for what you get. LPE in my opinion is about the best in the country when it comes to LS1 upgrades. Trust me I am pumped up like crazy, wouldn't you be? I am taking to them on the 6th Aug. Sweeeeeeeet! :)
Wow.......please make sure we get some dyno posts maybe a sound clip too.......Congrats!!!!!!!

·
Ex SHO owner
316 Posts
Yeah, If I had the money to pay. Hrmmmm...It would be a GTO with the 427 TT with C5R heads (approx 1100HP) shoved into it. I'd like to see what big dogs would have to come off the porch to play!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Aspect you are right again. I have been talking with them all week, very nice and they know exactly what they are talking about. So far...I am very happy with them.

·
Registered
223 Posts
toomuch said:
Ur missing something in your setup man.... Get the LPE GT3 cam with this setup. Tell them to include it free with the 11K u paid already :) . Modding cars is a really an expensive habbit. Im in the north of 14K now and im not done yet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts