·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was actually gonna be a little more brutal, especially to Larry E who has a low rider all show and no go truck. But I didn't want to start a pissing match.

I was further going to post for any of them to show up at the track with something they think they could take me down with, but that too would invoke a pissing match.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'm tellin' ya. All over, more forums with people bashing the car. Nice things is, free country, they can say what they want. We can, like bad music, tv, radio, book, magazine etc, choose not to pay attention. Turn it off. Don't want your kids see stuff guide them (ok different topic). Anyway, am thankful for this site where folks love the car. Besides, they don't like, more for us and we get them sooner. Still don't understand Tails, though. No order number let alone TPW. Hey, you need get another dealer. Those guys are sitting on their thumbs.:drink:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
This car actually handles pretty well. I wont argue this point because I think its just pointless but here are some quotes from people who actually know their stuff.

"Handling isn't grip or mid-corner speed. Different things. Handling is the way the car behaves, the feedback it gives, the composure it imparts. It's got nothing to do with lap times or mid-corner speeds. "

Michael Taylor
Editor
MOTOR

Drive sent a holden to Germany to test against "Germany's four-door finery, a Benz AMG E55 and a BMW M5". Two drivers were used Mark Skaif who is the Australian touring car/bathurst champion and Anders Olofsson (swedish touring car ace) who is regarded by many as the king of the ring (Nordschleife).

Here is what Anders Olofsson's thoughts on the holden product.
"That's a real car, that GTS (closer to the GTO than the normal holden cv8 monaro), and that's a surprise to me. Honestly, I was a little bit disappointed by the Germans. There are many good things and many good parts to each of them but, driving-wise, the Holden's a better car for a pure driver. If you push the Commodore, you really get a good feel to it. When you drive it, all the technology doesn't take over."

Friday 7 July 2000
DRIVE

I tend to believe professional drivers not arm chair racers. FYI the holden did lap quicker than the M5 and the Mercedes-Benz's AMG E55 on the 20.8 km track.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
People might notice that this is just a cut and paste from my other posts. Frankly Im sick and tired of people saying how GTO's cant handle purely from slalom and skidpad numbers. I cant be bothered typing if others cant be bothered reading the whole mag review (like what CMNTMXR81 said).

Does a car with 1meter wide tyres have better handling than a car with 20cm tyres? or does it have better grip? (grip = mostly tyre, handling = car and suspension).

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
SOMETIMES its better to educate people than to ignore then. iN In this case ignoring them might damage the GTO's reputation.

Great job CMNTMXR57.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Monaro, do you mind if I copy and paste that article over there on GM-Trucks.com?

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nevermind, I see you have it taken care of. :D

·
Registered
524 Posts
Nice post MonaroCountry. Have my doubts will change anybody's mind. Folks don't like to be shown wrong. My brother has an M5. Can't wait to go play with him.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts