LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Because Racecar.
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm big into macro photography. I have by no means mastered it but I love doing it. I actually have a macro lens which is pretty nifty and it's my most used lens besides my 18-135.

Anyway, some pics.

Fibers on my backpack

I actually got an honorable mention in a contest for this one.. a picture of a mountain beat mine! haha.

·
Missing my little one.
21,341 Posts
I heart macro shots.

This is just through my point and shoot but I like it :dunno:

·
Because Racecar.
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sometimes p&s cameras do better work than the DSLRs (lens depending, of course)

A couple more shots..

·
Missing my little one.
21,341 Posts
So awesome! I need to get more into this.

I find myself only even touching my camera when I'm on vacay.....need to start carrying it with me more often.

·
Because Racecar.
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, yes you do. I wish I could find the battery charger for my point & shoot. If I did I would have a camera with me 100% of the time. Right now I'm only at about 50% of the time because my D300 is just huge and my D80 isn't a lot smaller. Plus I'm crazy about always being "prepared" so it's not just my camera. It's at least 1 camera body, 3 lenses, a flash, batteries and my tripod.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
So awesome! I need to get more into this.

I find myself only even touching my camera when I'm on vacay.....need to start carrying it with me more often.
I picked up a Canon SD780 this summer because I wanted something I could toss in my pocket. The 20D was too much to haul around on a motorcycle. I've been loving it big time. I have it with me all the time. it is about as big as a man's wallet.

That first mushroom shot = the win. Very nice.

·
Because Racecar.
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you done the crack for the Canon p&s yet? I know I'd consider shooting Canon if I had a p&s. Otherwise I'm all Nikon. Actually my p&s is a Coolpix S550, and I do love it.

·
Fake bacon lover
10,734 Posts
I have some of the best macro shot with a P&S Olympus that I used at work. Old camera too, maybe 5 years. Incredible detail of this stress fracture crack that cause our down hole tool to break in Shell's Oil well and cost me a lot of damn sleep and work!!!

Anyhoo, I've had great luck with the macro on this old camera. Its pure dumbass luck, but still... maybe I'll find some boring work photo's and post here.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,049 Posts
I picked up a Canon SD780 this summer because I wanted something I could toss in my pocket. The 20D was too much to haul around on a motorcycle. I've been loving it big time. I have it with me all the time. it is about as big as a man's wallet.

That first mushroom shot = the win. Very nice.
Yes, that's a very nice shot.

I'm still looking for a pocket grab and go camera that doesn't have lag and can shoot at high ISO without looking like shit. Most of them have way too may pixels for the sensor size. I'm thinking about possibly one of the new Fujis that lets you combine pixels for low noise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts