LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
smurfin' fly-by...
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on the autospeed.com website. I thought it was a rather interesting little car, especially with all the amenities. Instead of that new Chevy Aveo, or whatever coming out this year, they should have imported this to the States.

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_1897/article.html

·
Registered
362 Posts
It is a similar size to the Aveo, maybe one size up. But given the Size of the USA market it would probably sticker at around the mid 20's. As it retails at 36990 AUD her which translates to about 29000 american. Good car though. Ive been in a few non turbo versions and they are nice to drive

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Is it just me, or has the ass been surgically removed on all these cars?
:sneaky:

·
Registered
522 Posts
My missus current car is like the Astro SRi 'cept for wings. Looks stubby, but they're cool cars. 750 litre luggage capacity in the hatchback with foldown-seats. 1.8, runs on standard gas, suspension by Lotus tweaked for Oz by Holden, engine from Oz, handles and stops great. 185 km/h (115mph) from an auto with a 1 mile runup, 42mpg on a trip.

Great little cars. Extremely comfortable even at speed. Astras are built in Belgium, so the gingin went from here-there-back again. World touring, they call it. Great little twincam, 16 valve multipoint injection.

·
90 in a 65
511 Posts
yet again another great GM car that they sell everywhere but here!! i find it rather amusing that the press shots for the astra coupe are from las vegas and the car isn't even sold here. i'd love to have an astra, although the coupe looks almost identical to a civic. they look like they have great build quality, and from what i have read from the UK and Aussie car mags they are extremelly durable. Shame GM chooses to abuse us with its POS Cavalier :slap:

·
3,327 Posts
HSV_255GTO said:
yet again another great GM car that they sell everywhere but here!! i find it rather amusing that the press shots for the astra coupe are from las vegas and the car isn't even sold here. i'd love to have an astra, although the coupe looks almost identical to a civic. they look like they have great build quality, and from what i have read from the UK and Aussie car mags they are extremelly durable. Shame GM chooses to abuse us with its POS Cavalier :slap:
I have an astre that I could maybe talk my Dad into selling you:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts