LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Worthless reject member
39,242 Posts
If you don't mind the visibility and cramped quarters, a 6th gen camaro sounds about right for you.

But i think you will, so it's not...

bah.

·
Super Moderator
11,370 Posts
Once you buy a Corvette you'll never go back.

·
Super Moderator
11,370 Posts
I've never even sat in a Miata.

·
Super Moderator
11,370 Posts
Man the newer MX5s have really really improved on the styling!

·
16,680 Posts
We borrowed my friend's miata to go to beach, back in olden dayz. It felt really small and cramped. Drove ok and all, but no power. Granted, this was probably the 1st gen (early 90's this happened) so newer ones may be a little bigger and have closer to useable power...

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,832 Posts
If you don't mind the visibility and cramped quarters, a 6th gen camaro sounds about right for you.

But i think you will, so it's not...

bah.
the 2 I've not in didn't have the GTO seats, so strike one, and the dash is clownshoes, so strike 2. and Gertrude despite her extra doors is similar platform and equally capable in the measurements. Unless you mean the whatever package with the magneto dampers setup which I hear really shines on a place like road atlanta or laguna seca.

Once you buy a Corvette you'll never go back.
people say that, I've driven a few of them. race preped C5z even, issue though. no back seats, no trunk - not for me. toy 3rd car - maybe. but I'm not at that stage of life yet.

OH and I don't want the milfs at the daughters dance practice to think I'm compensating either. 👺

Ever actually driven one?
which? 6th gen camaro - yes. Vette - a few, G8, Gto CTS-V, Mustang with Perf Pack 2, or mustang GT350. About the only non german hot comodity car that fits my life needs right now is a Charger. and a guy down the street from me that just moved in has a whatever they call the performace model that's under the hellcat device. so the suspension and bigger motor but not the big daddy.

I like it and I have thought about it a few times. I also really really like an ecoboosted F150 too - completely different specturm. OH and the 2020 exploder sport is rather capable, now that it's again a RWD biased AWD, sport tuned station wagon on 22's with some torques.

meh either way. I occasionally moss Gwendolyn (I name all my cars. FYI)

·
Super Moderator
11,370 Posts
, no trunk - not for me. toy 3rd car - maybe. but I'm not at that stage of life yet.
Dude, it's like an El Camino with a bed cover on it. Rear space is effing huge. Now that being said, a C5Z is a little more useless in that department.

·
Worthless reject member
39,242 Posts
if i were to get a vette, it would have to be a C7Z or a C8.

C6 was not to my taste when i drove it.

C7 is much better in the interior department, but the visibility is probably as bad as it is in the C6. that hood and those fenders. dang it. but, screw'n'bewst.

6th gen camaro was a PITA to do a blindspot check in. i felt like i was in the batmobile. interior is a lot better than the 5th gen, tho.

6th gen mustang was a pleasure to drive, except the dash felt like a massive wall in front of me. small complaint. it felt and rode like a better GTO.

never drove a G8 or an SS, although i've sat in a few.

·
Worthless reject member
39,242 Posts
meh either way. I occasionally moss Gwendolyn (I name all my cars. FYI)
i never understood this. is that like naming a ship?

does it always have to be a girls name?

it just feels weird. like, i care about my car, but naming it sort of... personifies it weirdly.

i've never named my pets, either, and most people thought that was weird.

·
Been here for a long time...
4,656 Posts
GTO's do look cool when they come off the line in stills. dat squat.

too bad it actually doesn't help, lol.
I believe that run pictured was a 1.93 short time on those crappy stock BFG's. That was either a 13.3 or the best run of when it was still stock, 13.25. Then the mods started coming :)

21 - 40 of 56 Posts