LS1GTO.com Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,832 Posts
if i were to get a vette, it would have to be a C7Z or a C8.

C6 was not to my taste when i drove it.

C7 is much better in the interior department, but the visibility is probably as bad as it is in the C6. that hood and those fenders. dang it. but, screw'n'bewst.

6th gen camaro was a PITA to do a blindspot check in. i felt like i was in the batmobile. interior is a lot better than the 5th gen, tho.

6th gen mustang was a pleasure to drive, except the dash felt like a massive wall in front of me. small complaint. it felt and rode like a better GTO.

never drove a G8 or an SS, although i've sat in a few.
Valid I mean doing it today it would be a c7 due to the remaining untitled ones and the fire sale and the . . . . . just becasue I don't really have to have a mid-engines vette thing.

G8 has the better suspension geometry that fixes issues the GTO had in the turns. Ie no squat, it's not so undersprung, the sways are closer to right from the factory, the balance is actually spot on.

I mean my gto when trimmed and race preped (road not drag) was still 52/48 even with me in it seat all the way back. bigger tires had I eventually done that would have gotten closer.

G8 - stock unmolested on the scale started off at 51/49 with minor adjustments and me in it seat where I sit 1/2 tank of fuel it was 50/50. And despite the supposed bigger car the weight was nearly the same. GTO 3760, G8 3785. (I know I know the curb weight is listed as __ but it doesn't measure that).

Brakes started off better at stock anyway and I have the Gt model not the GXP and I will say between them the GT brakes are actually better but only slightly.

I miss dem seats doe.

But today I'll pick up daughter 1 and on the way home on a road I will probably hear. go fast daddy go fast. and well gertrude obliges.

i never understood this. is that like naming a ship?

does it always have to be a girls name?

it just feels weird. like, i care about my car, but naming it sort of... personifies it weirdly.

i've never named my pets, either, and most people thought that was weird.
In a way. and if you didn't name your pet then I would say you do have something wrong with you. just you know sayin'

But yes like naming a ship in a way. it's my ship it takes me places, I put my life in it.

And YES if it has tatas or tires it will cost you money but it can be a fun ride.

I do allow trucks to be male named. Not usual but I guess it happen. To each their own. I grew up with my grandfather names his cars - and his guns for that matter. My other grandfather named his cars and tractors. but when he started farming it was the horses - so they were named.

anyway. I've never said I was normal.

·
Worthless reject member
39,242 Posts
Valid I mean doing it today it would be a c7 due to the remaining untitled ones and the fire sale and the . . . . . just becasue I don't really have to have a mid-engines vette thing.

G8 has the better suspension geometry that fixes issues the GTO had in the turns. Ie no squat, it's not so undersprung, the sways are closer to right from the factory, the balance is actually spot on.

I mean my gto when trimmed and race preped (road not drag) was still 52/48 even with me in it seat all the way back. bigger tires had I eventually done that would have gotten closer.

G8 - stock unmolested on the scale started off at 51/49 with minor adjustments and me in it seat where I sit 1/2 tank of fuel it was 50/50. And despite the supposed bigger car the weight was nearly the same. GTO 3760, G8 3785. (I know I know the curb weight is listed as __ but it doesn't measure that).

Brakes started off better at stock anyway and I have the Gt model not the GXP and I will say between them the GT brakes are actually better but only slightly.

I miss dem seats doe.

But today I'll pick up daughter 1 and on the way home on a road I will probably hear. go fast daddy go fast. and well gertrude obliges.

In a way. and if you didn't name your pet then I would say you do have something wrong with you. just you know sayin'

But yes like naming a ship in a way. it's my ship it takes me places, I put my life in it.

And YES if it has tatas or tires it will cost you money but it can be a fun ride.

I do allow trucks to be male named. Not usual but I guess it happen. To each their own. I grew up with my grandfather names his cars - and his guns for that matter. My other grandfather named his cars and tractors. but when he started farming it was the horses - so they were named.

anyway. I've never said I was normal.
I dunno. Maybe there is something wrong with me. I just called my pets what they were, dog, cat, bird.

For instance,

"What's up, dog?"

(Bud dum tish.)

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,832 Posts
Seemed similar but it is heavier. I will saw the G8 is louder than the GTO was roadnoise wise. and no I don' t loud azz exhaust etc etc. The G8 GT and GXP have less sound deadening, and other things. SS is more like the normal Austrailan car and is heaiver. It's noticeable when you ride in an unmodifed one.

But later SS also has the magnetic dampers which I think help alot in general use.

SS I think has better brakes too.

I've contemplated it but I just don't think I can bring myself to buy one.

·
16,680 Posts
How about a corn-fed heifer that plays nice with Kyle the ****?

·
HEMI
2020 Camaro SS Vert M6
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I believe that run pictured was a 1.93 short time on those crappy stock BFG's. That was either a 13.3 or the best run of when it was still stock, 13.25. Then the mods started coming :)
We had so much fun back then, I counted over 350 1/4-mile passes on that GTO.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,070 Posts

·
Been here for a long time...
4,656 Posts
We had so much fun back then, I counted over 350 1/4-mile passes on that GTO.
Yes we did. I think the last time mine was at the track was a track day you set up at Capitol. October 2006. Man it's been a long time since I've been to the track...

41 - 56 of 56 Posts