LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
What the....
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car is going in for a new 6 speed. Need a heavy duty clutch to take the power of this LS3 stroker. I am willing to go back to the SPEC clutch. Any deals ot there?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
PM me the part number you want. You would be better off with a Monster
Yea I saw this thread and saw he was looking for a spec. I read horror stories about them coming apart on numerous occasions. Then read his post and assumed he already had one and didnt have an issue....so i didnt bother saying anything. Monster is the way to go though, from what ive seen.

·
CCGTO
1,022 Posts
I would second (or third) the suggestion on Monster! I had a Monster Stage I on the back of my LS2 402 stroker and was holding up just fine making 500ish at the wheels. Only went to a Monster Stage III for piece of mind!

·
donde esta la biblioteca
296 Posts
just be careful, if your upgrading the clutch your prob going to upgrade the master cylinder. if you go with the tick performance master, be sure to reinforce the the firewall. I've heard horror stories of the firewall cracking due to having a heavier clutch. when I called them (because I was afraid that's what happened to me) they said they've heard of it but it seems like a hit or miss type thing. just some input

1 - 8 of 8 Posts