LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Beer Geek
3,713 Posts
I also have a high opinion of Midwest, and a high opinion of Tony @ Autoform, the other US vendor for SuperPro stuff.

I don't see strut top bushings in the kit, but I did notice the Noltec strut top set was near the top of the list of "Customers who bought this part also buy..." If you are going to the trouble to install that I don't see skipping the strut top bushes.

The folks who have SuperPro bushes like them a lot.

Are you goingto installthese yourself?

S

·
ricer phase
9,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no....lol, I'm not comfortable with the pressing of bushings or anything involving me taking apart things that will need realigning later. I was going to buy the strut tops as well....

·
Beer Geek
3,713 Posts
OE springs, OE shocks, OE struts and OE sway bars?

·
ricer phase
9,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I'm all OE, I'm just beginning on the suspension and thought bushings would be a good place to start, I have almost 40,000 on the car so.....figured it would be a good time to replace some of that stuff since I know at least a couple bushings are showing signs of wear. I'm planning on doing pedders springs in the near future and Hotchkis bars....

·
Registered Gator
506 Posts
Summerwolf said:
http://www.midwestpd.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=367

would this setup from midwest PD be a good beginning to upgrading the suspension? Sooner or later I'm planning on a Harrop cover and going with some Pedders lowering products but for right now does this seem to be a good start? can't go wrong with midwest, so I trust it...just seeing the consensus.

Caleb
Are you still on stock Tires @ 40k? New Tires is always the best upgrade IMO. WRT Suspension I would start with the Radius Rod Bushing and the Rear subrame bushing from Noltec or Pedders. These two pieces are a great starting point from which to plan Springs/Struts/Shocks/Sways... :)

·
Fake bacon lover
11,462 Posts
That looks pretty good.
Myself, I did a full rear suspension workover all a once. I definately felt a difference. Great upgrade, but it was $$$.

Never replaced just bushings alone, so I don't know what type of improved feel you'll get, but its seems like a positive step in the right direction.

·
ricer phase
9,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GvilleGTO said:
Are you still on stock Tires @ 40k? New Tires is always the best upgrade IMO. WRT Suspension I would start with the Radius Rod Bushing and the Rear subrame bushing from Noltec or Pedders. These two pieces are a great starting point from which to plan Springs/Struts/Shocks/Sways... :)
the tires are like 10,000 miles old...the previous owner bought stock sized tires of the same type as stock. I'm buying something different soon, but looking at upgrading some of the bushings just since I've noticed doing oil changes and stuff that some of them are showing wear. I will probably go with the above bushings since I won't have to change/redo those bushings again when I drop it. And when I get the pedders/eibach whatever springs I'm going with and the hotchkis sways I'll start planning more and more as I gather parts. I didn't realize doing the bushing kit like I wanted you'd have to redo/replace/might as well do it with the springs for ease type of upgrade lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts