LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not the 5-0 I was looking for . . . Not a 5.0 but a 5-0, as in police man, Kojac with a Kodac, Fuzz, "The Man", peace officer, you get my drift! I met up with the local F & Y body club to shoot the $hit and look at cars. A lot of cars out tonight. Someone in the club just found a low miles clean 30th Ann WS6, we had a Blackbird there, an a nice selection of LS1 and LT1 cars. Well after a while the guys decided to caravan down to River Street (a street down by the water in historic downtown Savannah). We just pull out of the parking lot and have to go right to the light and do a U-turn at the intersection to go the other way. Well we all take off and people are getting on it a little and we are stopped in the turn lane to go the other way. The light changes and everyone goes and again people are getting on it a little. It's my turn to do my U-turn and I have a WS6 hot on my tail so I hit the throttle a little while turning and the rear comes around a little and I get a nice little drift in 1st gear and I make my shift to 2nd (again not going over 30 mph at this time) and head the other direction. The guys in front of my must be doing 60 or so and the WS6 tears on past me ripping 2nd. I look in my rear view mirrow and I see red and blue light from the intersection :eek2: . The question is are they coming for me or are they going after the speeders??? I never got faster then the posted limit of 45pmh and decided to turn off at the next light because this party was going to be broken up quickly. Well, the officer stops in the intersection I turned at and proceeds to come after me :banghead: . So he pulls up behind me and I turn off in to a Checkers parking lot. CRAP. Here I am, clean driving record, baby seat in the back (no baby with me), brother in-law riding along and I'm busted for acting like a child!!!

Long story short-I'm wondering what I will get a ticket for. I wasn't speeding and it really wasn't reckless (it was less then 20 mph) so maybe a careless driving??? He comes back and tells me that he is giving me a ticket (and I said I figured that) and tells me that the citation is for "laying drag!" They actually had a ticket for spinning your tires. But get this, it is a mandatory court appearence.

Now I know what you're thinking. I was being a schmuck for doing that! You're right, I was (though, I'm sure a few of you have done this before :secret: ). Worse. My brother is a police officer and I have a few patients that are police officers as well (and of course a few forum members). You play-You pay!!! Needless to say I was "killed" tonight. You know, most of the time the GTO goes unseen but in this situation being surrounded by a bunch of "F" bodoes I was the easy target because it was the only one that looked unique!!!!

Doc

·
'04 645Ci
989 Posts
Years ago, I received a ticket for "Display of Speed", laying about a 100' patch of tire tread. The cop told me that it was nicely done, good form, but its against the law. Yes, it was a mandatory court appearance and the judge was a real hardass about (I mean, c'mon). I can't recall what the fine was but it was substantial for me at the time.

·
Controlled Insanity
287 Posts
Your honor, I know what I did was wrong, I'd like to throw myself at the mercy of the court... :hail:

Not sure how things work in Georgia, but in Jersey you just have to bargain with the prosecutor. They will usually up the fine, but you won't get any license/insurance points. :bubbrub

I once had to plead a ticket in MD, back when I had my Stang, there was just a judge, no prosecutor. Everyone who tried to plead innocent got the full fine, everyone who plead guilty and showed remorse for their heinous crime (making a right on red) they were let go with a small fine and no points.

·
Registered
262 Posts
You more than likely got nailled because you turned off -- looks suspicious.. The car that turns off is more likely to have larger offenses, like warrants or whatever. Always "play dumb" and just drive along like it wasn't you ;)

·
Moving Forward
2,163 Posts
Brains said:
You more than likely got nailled because you turned off -- looks suspicious.. The car that turns off is more likely to have larger offenses, like warrants or whatever. Always "play dumb" and just drive along like it wasn't you ;)
I'd just play dumb in court and say i recently bought this car and am not used to its power.I'm also a newbie with the manual transmission. I went to accelerate and went from 2nd gear into 1st gear accidentally causing the tires to smoke, when i was trying to go into 3rd gear. Hey you never know and it can happen.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hey the new car thing worked for me the other day...

"I'm sorry officer, I just got this car a few days ago, and I'm not used to the 350 Hspwr... my last car only had 150..."

Good Luck

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
Here in Texas that ticket is known as " Exhibition of Acceleration" and yes I have gotten one of those for a 2nd gear tire chirp in my 97 Z28. Back then it was a $125 fine with a mandatory court appearance as well.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Razinhell said:
I'd just play dumb in court and say i recently bought this car and am not used to its power.I'm also a newbie with the manual transmission. I went to accelerate and went from 2nd gear into 1st gear accidentally causing the tires to smoke, when i was trying to go into 3rd gear. Hey you never know and it can happen.
How about this: Well Judge, I had the window open a little and it blew my joint out of my mouth and into my scotch on the rocks which caused that to spill on my new red leathers seats and while trying to mop it up with my counterfit 100s I almost lost it on the u-turn. Sorry but it's a new car and I didn't want to ruin the leather!!! You gotta understand . . .

It may not work that well but I bet it will be the most interesting story he's heard in a while:gr_jest: :gr_jest: :gr_jest:

Doc

P.S. Trooper, this of course is not ture!

. . .I drink Grey Goose Vodka :secret:

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
DOC!!! This is funny! Well not in your instance, but I was just talking with a coworker of mine trading stories about past traffic infractions. He mentioned one where he got a ticket called "laying drag"... I thought that was the stupidest name for that ticket. Mentioned the mandatory court appearance, etc... I guess its a Georgia law? Atleast with that stupid name... Should be called, laying rubber, tire something other than drag.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WKDWS6 said:
DOC!!! This is funny! Well not in your instance, but I was just talking with a coworker of mine trading stories about past traffic infractions. He mentioned one where he got a ticket called "laying drag"... I thought that was the stupidest name for that ticket. Mentioned the mandatory court appearance, etc... I guess its a Georgia law? Atleast with that stupid name... Should be called, laying rubber, tire something other than drag.
When the cop told me I was getting a ticket for "laying drag" I kinda giggled but not to loud . . . I wish I had a camera, this was a beautiful drift around the center median. I almost forgot to tell everyone, the police officer did compliment the GTO. He said "you have a real nice muscle car . . .but that doesn't mean you can lay drag everywhere you want!"

Doc

P.S. WKD, what car you bringing to Silver Dollar?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Doc GTO said:
When the cop told me I was getting a ticket for "laying drag" I kinda giggled but not to loud . . .
Isn't that what Eddie Murphy got busted for.

But judge ??? I wasn't even wearing a dress.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kick_*ss said:
Isn't that what Eddie Murphy got busted for.

But judge ??? I wasn't even wearing a dress.

That is wrong . . . but funny :gr_jest:

Doc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts