LS1GTO Forums banner

Looking for a reputable shop.

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  JSRacing 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, looong time member here but not active in quite awhile now. I'm definitely out of touch with the current GTO scene. My car has been neglected the last couple years so I'd like to find a reputable shop to take her in and give her some TLC. I'm located in Philadelphia area, not sure who all is still around in this area. So any suggestions you guys have I'd really appreciate. Thanks!

#3 ·
I have an incredible mechanic but he's in Shelton, CT. He was the head mechanic of a Chrysler, Ford dealership but is also an expert at GM vehicles, and has all the latest firmware updates for our GTO as my transmission control module failed and that entails updates everywhere to replace. Let me know if your willing to make a trip and you can schedule an appointment.

#4 ·
TLC:
Needs someone to go over it and replace any needed suspension parts.
Possible brake/rotor issues from rust buildup.
Clutch leaking, now non functional. May simply be air in the line, or bad slave cylinder or possibly need new clutch all together. (Monster Stage 3 currently. Would like to maybe drop down to LS7 or comparable)
Would also like the hoses and belts replaced as needed due to age, wear and possible dry rot.
Had aftermarket CAM/Springs...etc installed about 8 or 9 years ago. Most likely need parts replaced from age there as well.

You know...standard TLC items. :) Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.