LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Are you talking about 112 or bigger? I thought bigger ones were still available, no?
I'm considering an upgrade, but that won't happen any time soon

·
Registered
2005 red, full sap, Mast blk label heads and cam, magnacharger mp112, e85 conversion, FLT stage 6
191 Posts
Ive been on the hunt for a 2300 for the last 3 months. I currently have a 112 that Ill be selling IF/WHEN I find a 2300.

·
Administrator
9,407 Posts
Ive been on the hunt for a 2300 for the last 3 months. I currently have a 112 that Ill be selling IF/WHEN I find a 2300.
Give me a holler once you find a 2300. I’ll take that 112 off your hands.

·
Chickun maka lousy houspet
661 Posts
I happen to have a mostly complete (depending on what you needed) LSA that I need to unload. CTS-V lid, fuel rails, new coupler, input shaft, injectors, hub, pulley....

The casing is painted Pontiac Blue Metallic

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
2650 sadly doesn't fit under the stock GTO hood. Shoot the CTS-V lid LSA barely fits if you're lucky.
It's about the same with the tvs. It barely clears without the hood liner. My hood wouldn't open after pulling the handle on its own.

Maybe cause my fuel line was routed over the TB. Idk.

I'd suggest doing lowering mounts or a vfn

·
GR-RRR!
7,873 Posts
It's about the same with the tvs. It barely clears without the hood liner. My hood wouldn't open after pulling the handle on its own.

You know, I should do the lowering engine mounts so my strut tower bar would fit without washers under it.

·
Kinda Stock
6,313 Posts

My TVS fit under the factory strut tower brace before I did lowering motor mounts.

·
Kinda Stock
6,313 Posts
The Hinson lowering mounts definitely made it better, and the car drove soooooooo much better than those junk SCSS mounts.

·
GR-RRR!
7,873 Posts
My TVS fit under the factory strut tower brace before I did lowering motor mounts.
Mine did not. I had to add a few washers under the STB. It wasn't much, but the 3/8" shorter mounts would more than make up enough clearance to get the STB on without washers. Also, when raised just that little bit, my STB rubs the hood liner somewhat.

·
Registered
425 Posts
For my LSA I had to do lowering mounts, LS3 square port heads (to avoid adapter plates), and trim the hood to make it fit. I'd love to get a cowl hood but it's low on the priority list considering the cost.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts